Worst Last Names In Sports

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Mirage, Aug 18, 2009.

1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Brett Favre has to have one the worst last name in the history of sports.

Favre = Farve?

If it was supposed to be read out of order, why spell it out of order in the first place.

:urp:

So, which do you think the worst last names in sports are?

Last edited: Aug 18, 2009

2. CaptainObvious

CaptainObvious Son of Liberty V.I.P.

Because a long time ago his ancestors couldn't decide on how to pronounce their last name, they went back and forth and back and forth trying to decide on the pronunciation until the village voted and decided that's how it would be pronounced because they couldn't make up their minds.

Sorry, that's all I've got:p

3. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

when he was drafted didnt the annoucner guy say it wrong?

4. Jeanie

Jeanie still nobody's bitch V.I.P. Lifetime

what about mike krzyzywski? "sheshevsky"

5. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Ok that's definitely worse than Favre by a long shot. That's one of the worst last names ever.

6. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

I bet Favre did it on purpose to get the extra attention. He's such an arrogant douche.

7. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

I think they said the announcer called him "Favor" during the draft. His spelling kind of reminds me of Dwyane Wade. How are you supposed to see Dwyane and say Dwayne? =/ but that's not a last name, so nevermind.

Whichever sport has the most foreign players are bound to have the most unpronounceable names. I'm gonna take a guess that many hockey players have difficult names.

8. Wade8813

Wade8813 Registered Member

I'm just guessing, but I think Hybrix is complaining about names that seem misspelled - not names that are just hard to pronounce.