Worst figures in American History: the left vs. the right

Seeing as how the topic of this list is about historical figures it makes sense to put it in here. The thing is, the following list of worst historical figures was chosen by left-wingers.

20) The Rosenbergs (3) + Julius Rosenberg (3) (6 total votes)
20) Pat Robertson (6)
20) Oliver North (6)
20) William Randolph Hearst (6)
20) Aaron Burr (6)
20) Aldrich Ames (6)
18) George Lincoln Rockwell (7)
18) Robert McNamara (7)
14) Richard Mellon Scaife (8)
14) Lee Harvey Oswald (8)
14) Charles Coughlin (8)
14) Strom Thurmond (8)
13) Ronald Reagan (9)
12) George Wallace (10)
11) Andrew Jackson (12)
9) Jefferson Davis (13)
9) George W. Bush (13)
6) Benedict Arnold (14)
6) Henry Kissinger (14)
6) John Wilkes Booth (14)
3) Timothy McVeigh (16)
3) Nathan Bedford Forrest (16)
3) J. Edgar Hoover (16)
2) Richard Nixon (25)
1) Joseph McCarthy (26)

Left-Wing Bloggers Select The 20 Worst Figures In American History - Right Wing News (Conservative News and Views)

And this list below was chosen by right-wingers:

23) Saul Alinsky (7)
23) Bill Clinton (7)
23) Hillary Clinton (7)
19) Michael Moore (7)
19) George Soros (8)
19) Alger Hiss (8)
19) Al Sharpton (8)
13) Al Gore (9)
13) Noam Chomsky (9)
13) Richard Nixon (9)
13) Jane Fonda (9)
13) Harry Reid (9)
13) Nancy Pelosi (9)
11) John Wilkes Booth (10)
11) Margaret Sanger (10)
9) Aldrich Ames (11)
9) Timothy McVeigh (11)
7) Ted Kennedy (14)
7) Lyndon Johnson (14)
5) Benedict Arnold (17)
5) Woodrow Wilson (17)
4) The Rosenbergs (19)
3) Franklin Delano Roosevelt (21)
2) Barack Obama (23)
1) Jimmy Carter (25)

http://gawker.com/5612911/right-wing-bloggers-choose-25-worst-figures- in-american-history

Now what do you all think about this? I'm eager to hear the responses.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Carter and Obama as the worst lefies?

So the man that ended combat operations in Iraq and the man that helps people build new homes are worse than the guy that blew up a building in Oaklahoma City? Even worse than Hoover?

I call bullshit on this list.

MAgnum9987

Do What Thou Wilt
I find it highly Ironic Jimmy Carter was voted in (25th place, admittedly) yet Reagan didn't on the left. The dude was in the pocket of Myrrel Lynch, and if you look is (part of) the source of the economic downturn of the last 25 years. Jimmy Carter was (almost) a polar opposite, more interested in principal than money. And thats why he lost to Reagan. But thats not the point....

Having Obama as #2 makes me think everybody who voted has ADD and doesn't remember past events. That, or their mind is so clouded with propaganda that they don't see that there are worst people out there than Obama. Perhaps a bit of both.

I'm not a fan of Obama myself, however giving him #2 seems silly. He shouldn't have that honor with so many on that list deserving to be in that spot. =D

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I find it highly Ironic Jimmy Carter was voted in (25th place, admittedly) yet Reagan didn't on the left. The dude was in the pocket of Myrrel Lynch, and if you look is (part of) the source of the economic downturn of the last 25 years. Jimmy Carter was (almost) a polar opposite, more interested in principal than money. And thats why he lost to Reagan. But thats not the point....
Um, what? Reagan turned this country around after Carter showed he didn't have a clue what he was doing, that's why he lost. He was in WAY over his head. And Reagan is on the list. And it's somewhat silly to blame Reagan for any economic downturn recently.

Anyway, I don't think neither Obama or Bill Clinton belong on any list like this particularly Clinton. He was a pretty good president. I don't see how he could be considered amongst the worst historical figures.

dDave

Guardian of the Light
V.I.P.
I'm glad to see Woodrow Wilson and FDR high on that list.

@Steve - Obama is probably up there because of the fact that he's the current administration, but that aside he is completely bankrupting the country which in essence could destroy it.

MAgnum9987

Do What Thou Wilt
Um, what? Reagan turned this country around after Carter showed he didn't have a clue what he was doing, that's why he lost. He was in WAY over his head. And Reagan is on the list. And it's somewhat silly to blame Reagan for any economic downturn recently.

Anyway, I don't think neither Obama or Bill Clinton belong on any list like this particularly Clinton. He was a pretty good president. I don't see how he could be considered amongst the worst historical figures.
Reagan started a trend that said its OK to make Lobbyists president, and Big Business CEOs Cabinet positions

YouTube - Speed It Up

(And I missed that reagan was on the list. my apologies)

And this is what I was talking about Jimmy carter's principals.
YouTube - jimmy carter's warning for the USA - 1 of 4

That is a bold speech to give to voters. Very bold. And people don't like that.
Reagan, was the opposite. He was in Myrrel Lynch's pocket, and told Americans it was OK to indulge, ok to buy stuff you can't afford. And that is why americans took out too many loans and realized they can't pay them back. Americans still do that, unfortunately. And that is why we are in a recession, IMO.

Last edited:

BigBob

Registered Member
If anything, Reagan should've barely made it in.. IMO, shouldn't even be on the worst American figures list period.

Clinton, defiantly not. He turned the country around while getting blow jobs from someone not his wife.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Reagan started a trend that said its OK to make Lobbyists president, and Big Business CEOs Cabinet positions

YouTube - Speed It Up

(And I missed that reagan was on the list. my apologies)

And this is what I was talking about Jimmy carter's principals.
YouTube - jimmy carter's warning for the USA - 1 of 4

That is a bold speech to give to voters. Very bold. And people don't like that.
Reagan, was the opposite. He was in Myrrel Lynch's pocket, and told Americans it was OK to indulge, ok to buy stuff you can't afford. And that is why americans took out too many loans and realized they can't pay them back. Americans still do that, unfortunately. And that is why we are in a recession, IMO.
Well, I'm not into generalizations or putting words in people's mouths and making up things like Reagan encouraging people to buy things. I'm more into facts.

Under Carter inflation was around 24%, mortgages were at 21% and unemployment was at double figures. Reagan cut taxes which led to employment and yet still raised more revenue. His encouragement of investment led to the dot com boom. He made mistakes and he was not perfect (meritless accusations of being in "someone's pocket aside) but to say Carter did a better job is revisionist history. Don't get me wrong, he's a good man in many respects and does not deserve to be on this list however.

People didn't like it because he failed as a president, plain and simple. And there is a myriad of reasons why we went into a recession a couple of years ago, none of which involve a man who left the office 18 years before it happened.