• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Worst car crash you've witnessed?

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
What's the worst car crash you've witnessed?

I've been in a few bad ones but besides those the worst one I was wasn't really that bad. A SUV was stopped at a red light when another SUV came zipping up behind it and must not have noticed the red light, let alone the car in the middle of the road. Well SUV #2 hit #1 like nobodies business and smashed the whole back end in, while ruining its' own front end in the process.

I've seen MUCH worse accidents after the crash though. Just recently I saw a car that had rolled off of the interstate a few times. I bet the driver got killed because it didn't look very good.

Then once I saw a semi truck full of DVD players and other electronics (in new factory boxes still) tipped over and bent in half off the side of the interstate. I know what was in it because the whole trailer was ripped wide open because the truck twisted when it rolled. That junk was everywhere and anybody could have probably grabbed a load and taken it. I doubt anything still worked though. It was a big mess.

Then last I saw a car carrier semi truck tipped over not far from where I live now. It rolled off of the highway on a tight turn and into a ditch. It was filled with new Jeeps and other SUV's and bigger nice cars. Ooops!

pantherace

Registered Member
The worst one I've seen was a serious roll over. I was turning on to a side street before an intersection. A lady was turning left from that smaller street, crossing 3 lanes of on-coming traffic (why she didn't go up a block to the light is beyond me). I guess she wasn't looking, or decided since I was turning that the other two lanes were open (???), but she went flying from the stop sign. A Toyota pickup in the far left lane had no chance of stopping in time since this lady in a small sporty Pontiac literally burned her tires hitting the gas. She hit the front of this guy's truck so hard that the truck flew OVER her car. She kept going, and ran from the scene. The truck rolled about four or five times. The camper on the back of the truck flew over 100 yards. The truck landed on it's roof before the intersection ahead. I saw it all and stopped, as well as 3 of 4 other cars. I was expecting the guy to be dead when I got to the truck, but he walked away with minor cuts. The lady lost her bumper, which was the same color as her car, so the police had an easy way to track her regardless of her running. It was pretty crazy.

I've seen some people cut in front of motorcycles, which always freak me out, but the motorcycles I've seen tend to be alright. I've seen a lot of cars completely upside down facing the wrong side of the interstate, and a lot in some ditch on the side road, but I've only seen the one roll over (besides rolls off road which aren't serious).

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Wow that sounds intense. Luckily the lady who caused it got caught. When I was a kid I was in 5 car pileup on the interstate and the person who caused it drove off and was never heard from. :(

carebear

Registered Member
I've never seen any serious accidents. I've only seen little fender-benders that could have easily been avoided. And luckily, I've never been in an accident since I started driving (Accident free:)). The only accident that I have ever been in was a one car accident before. My mom accidently backed up into a woman. The woman was walking up our drive-way and my mom was backing out and never seen her and we heard a thump, my mom stopped and pulled forward and we got out and found a woman sitting on the grass holding her knee. We tried to talk to her, but she was deaf and wasn't even trying to pay attention to us. She also had her little boy with her and didn't care about him either. The boy didn't even seem to care about her either. We called an ambulance and managed to get a phone number to were her husband was so he could come and get the boy.

My parents, however, didn't see a crash, but they heard a horrible crash that happened a half block from their house. My mom and dad were sitting on their porch and heard it. A drunk hit an old man in a pick-up at an unmarked intersection. My mom called 911 and then ran down to the guy and she said that he looked dead. And it turned out that he did die and that he probably died instantly.