• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Worldwide EMP

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I was just thinking about the ramifications of an electromagnetic pulse encompassing the entire world. It would crush the world's economy. We'd lost almost all electricity. Dams would fail. Most cars would be completely useless. The entire planet would plunge into chaos!

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
If that were to happen yes it would plunge the world into chaos. I would hate to be having surgery if that happened. People would be fighting pretty fast I would think. I wonder what effect it would have on planes. Would they drop like a rock.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I'm not sure about this at all, but I'd like to think there are protective measures in place for EMP's. I have to imagine a lot of research has been on it and it's something taken very seriously by countries' defenses.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
There are definitely defenses in place in the event of something as damaging as an EMP. It would definitely cripple the world economy if something of that magnitude ever happened.