• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

World's 12 weirdest stadiums

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Some of those are really cool. Others are hilarous.

Honorable mention should go to the Astros stadium with the hill and the flagpole in center field.

English-Emo-Boy

Supreme System Lord
V.I.P.
I've seen alot of the stadium in Portugal, I remember the Braga stadium well from Euro 2004.

The Singapore Bayside stadium is absolutely fantastic!

Last edited:

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I've always thought the Olympic Stadium in Montreal, QB reminded me of a Frying Pan :hah:

But it looks like they arent necessarily talking about that in these. One of the coolest in my opinion was the Brazil Eco-Stadium. When I played High School Football we played against another High School whom's stadium was alot like that. Sonora is a Mountain town and their high school is literally built on the side of a mountain like that. The Stadium was sorta carved into the mountain and they used the mountain wall as seating. It was basically the coolest stadium I ever had the opportunity to play in.

hahaha another cool thing about it, you wouldnt notice it just sitting in the stands or seeing pics...but the field had so much arc in it. They said that was for when it snows / rains... the arc lets the water drain off to the sides rather than puddle up. But it was a huge arc, I've never seen a football field that bowed.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
lol. really cool!
the stadiums we have over here are like the ones in Bulgaria.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I really like the one around the water, that would be awesome to play, rather it be American Football instead of European Football.

The Olympic Stadium cost a lot to build and it was built for the Olympics, it's still a nice stadium on the outside but in the inside it's a piece of shit and it's falling apart. Their thinking of renovating it, but they don't know if they'll go through with it.

I agree Echoes Minute Maid park is pretty awesome, but I believe the AT&T stadium where the Giants play is the most awesome stadium because of the river in right field.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I really like the one around the water, that would be awesome to play, rather it be American Football instead of European Football.

The Olympic Stadium cost a lot to build and it was built for the Olympics, it's still a nice stadium on the outside but in the inside it's a piece of shit and it's falling apart. Their thinking of renovating it, but they don't know if they'll go through with it.

I agree Echoes Minute Maid park is pretty awesome, but I believe the AT&T stadium where the Giants play is the most awesome stadium because of the river in right field.
You mean Minute Maid is pretty terrible, right? I hate that stadium so much haha.

I always thought The Polo Grounds was fascinating as well. 500 foot center field, shape of a horse shoe, in a neighborhood. Cool stuff.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I always thought it was pretty awesome Millz, sorry buddy :)

But I have to agree with you with Polo Grounds, it's definitely my favorite stadium of all time, here are some nice pictures of this beautiful stadium.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I am sort of a hypocrite because I hate Minute Maid because its so easy to hit homers to left, way too long to center and all that. Polo Grounds is the same way in that regard.

Although it doesnt have a pointless HILL in center field and a friggin flag pole in play. So dumb.