World War III Theories

Boredie

In need of Entertainment
The current situation of the politics in this world is very precarious.
At any given moment (weeks, months) something will tip the scales in any one direction which will cause a war to break out.

Now, assuming that you agree mostly/partly with that first paragraph, what are your thoughts concerning the war?
I.E
a. who will start it?
b. what will be the cause of it?
c. which nations vs which nations?
d. how long will the war last?
e. outcome?

All this is pure theory, so basically any ideas you have on this can be brought forward, added or changed from the questions presented.
Hopefully this thread will bring a discussion among different theories.

Discuss.

Scissorhands

Registered Member
a. who will start it?
The U.S.A.

Other stupid countries that want to have their weapons of mass fuckin' shit up. They will refuse to give them up!

The U.S VS Korea, Vietnam, Jerusalem, Egypt, Palestine, and Iran.

Under a year. If the problem is that someone is possessing nuclear weapons, then that means someone is going to get fucked up when we fight about it!

e. outcome?
I'm not gonna live though it. I'ma gonna be living on a beach in Hawaii when the Palestinians come flying in and repeat Pearl Harbor. The world will be fuct.

Bananas

Endangered Species
Now, assuming that you agree mostly/partly with that first paragraph, what are your thoughts concerning the war?
I will stress I mostly don't believe there will be another world war, not in our life times or in a conceivable amount of time that modern geopolitics can be reflected.... but in the interest of the thread.

a. who will start it?
The USA

Civil unrest and a desperate act to prompt patriotic sentiment by a failing government under immense economic duress.

China who threaten complete economical control and eradication of the dollar and the consequent collapse of the US.

Probably be a cold war with no fighting and last 15-25 years before both countries revolt.

e. outcome?
Stalemate, revolution and enlightenment by all parties. Reformation of the United Nations and gradual dismantling of the new world order, eradication of nations to be replaced with devolved states of a one world banner.

Boredie

In need of Entertainment
If there is one:

Millions dead. Total economic collapse. All participating nations completely eradicated.
How come you limit the eradication to the participants only? Surely other neutral nations might suffer the same outcome, especially if they border with the participating nations.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
a. who will start it?
I dont agree with the sentiments that the US will start it. If provoked I dont feel the US will back down...but I just dont see the USA being the one that Starts the Big Scuffle.

To me it'll be some radical group like Al Queda that will Attack the US again. The US will probably go back in gang busters in an attempt to apprehend those who hurt us and a Middle Eastern Nation like Iran will basically put their foot down saying "thats enough". I can see North Korea being involved as a Supplier of Arms hopefully not of Nuclear Fashion.

Woops... I kinda answered this one in the first part. The start of wars in my opinion are always based solely on Marketing. Both sides will have Glorious spokesman (salesman) who will sell different sides of the same story to the public. So we wont ever truly know what the exact Cause of the war will be... only whats fed to us, what we're allowed to know.

My best guess, I think one of the biggest fears in the world is based on Islamaphobia. I wont admit that very often but I do believe that Nations will not hesitate to think twice about joining in on a chance to punch the gut of Islamic Nations. And I dont believe the Islamic Nations would pass up a chance either to chip away at Western Civilization.

I honestly see it as a Religion War more than a nation vs. nation war. I'm imagining Western Based Nations vs. the Middle East and Eastern Nations, Another showing of Axis vs. Allies type thing.

That solely depends on who has the nerve to drop the first Nuclear Warhead on a major city. A war can last forever, take the Wars in the Middle East for instance. They've been going on for thousands of years, why? Because in the eyes of those fighting, there is no such thing as "innocents". All Casualties of war in a war like that are not innocent... WWIII will go on until to many Innocents have been killed.

e. outcome?
No change.

Sure life will have immediate ramifications, areas that will be irrefutably changed due to the impact zones of Nuclear Explosions... but I dont see any change in life. Tons will die, more than any war ever... But I dont see any way in which one country losing the war will change too much of anything that goes on. But 60 years after the war is over, I think we'll look back and think "what a waste of life".

FindMuck

Registered Member
a-d) don't know don't care
e) nuclear winter, end of human race

why assume there will be a world war 3? everyoen knows that can't happen with the weapons technology out there, if Irand or Korea try to start something, even if they launch one nuke the US and Russia could destroy them in a second, I really doubt its gonna happen.

Boredie

In need of Entertainment
a-d) don't know don't care
e) nuclear winter, end of human race
Hehe, I like your answers to the questions.
why assume there will be a world war 3? everyoen knows that can't happen with the weapons technology out there, if Irand or Korea try to start something, even if they launch one nuke the US and Russia could destroy them in a second, I really doubt its gonna happen.
What makes you think though, that Iran/Korea won't target US/Russia to avoid them from attacking back in the first place? Don't you think they may be a little smarter regarding that? They will try to avoid any responses from the "allies" by wiping them out first. Just food for thought...

Bjarki

Registered Member
a. who will start it?
Russia (vs Ukraine or other former Sovjet states), India (vs Pakistan) or Israel (vs Iran).

Could be anything. World wars tend to starts with smallscale local conflicts that grow out to become worldwide wars through the workings of alliances and shared interests.

Like mentioned above, though for a real world war the biggest nations would have to go to conflict on opposing sides, which isn't too likely. If it happens it's likely to be Russia vs the West or India vs China.

Depends on how much there is at stake. Democracies or dictatorships can be very persevering when it comes to enduring an ongoing war. Aristocratic or tribal regimes are likely to cease the fighting at an earlier stage. I think it won't last for more than 3 years. War is a costly business, even more than it was in previous wars, no nation can endure a total war for longer than a few years, unless people are prepared to give up everything for their ideal.

e. outcome?
An unbalanced new world order that will either lead to new conflicts or be restored to the old balance through a painful process (cold war-style). Naturally, a world war must claim the lives of millions in order to be considered such.
------
My best guess, I think one of the biggest fears in the world is based on Islamaphobia. I wont admit that very often but I do believe that Nations will not hesitate to think twice about joining in on a chance to punch the gut of Islamic Nations. And I dont believe the Islamic Nations would pass up a chance either to chip away at Western Civilization.
The Islamic nations are as divided as can be. The middle eastern politics of western super powers in the middle east will always be one of divide and conquer..
And even if they unite and do some conquering, I'm fairly sure they will turn on eachother as soon as there's something to disagree on.

Last edited:

Bananas

Endangered Species
Its intersting that people assume the traditional route of warfare and the use of nuclear weapons as a result. I cant imagine another nuke will ever be used in aggresion because of the premise of mutually assured destruction.