Movies World Trade Center

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Babe_Ruth, Aug 8, 2006.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

This movie is coming out tommorow, a lot of people said it looks really good, but other people say it's too soon to make a movie about it. I personally think it's going to be a great movie and i'll be sure to go see it. What do you guys think?

2. Kazmarov

Kazmarov For a Free Scotland

I don't know, it seems like a typical dramatic film that has the advantage of being topical and fresh in the minds of a lot of people. It would be interesting, but I don't think it will be even close to the best film involving 9/11 a decade from now.

3. I want to see it, but I have a feeling its going to be over dramatic. So I dont know, I guess i'll go watch it.

4. Forbidden

Forbidden Guest

I don't think I'm seeing it, it's going to just be another dramatic movie about 9/11, so I'll probably pass.

5. Italiano

Italiano Film Elitist

Looks good, but yeah, it's going to be another flick about 9/11 and unoriginal.

Maybe a rent film, but I doubt ill see it. Though the acting definitely looks good, but just not my idea of a movie to see when I'm in a good mood.

6. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Wait . . . how do you make an original film off of actual events? It seems originality is not needed here. They're simply relaying and re-enacting the bravery of the men and women who saved lives on that day and put themselves in harm's way for others.

7. Ant On A Log

Ant On A Log Guest

No. Tomorrow is my birthday and there's no way I'm going to spend it sitting through some heart-wrench of a story that is only used to cover up bad, shallow acting. How in God's name is a movie supposed to portray the shit that those people went through. You don't act out that stuff again.

This is a perfect example of a movie where the subject is used to cover up bad acting.

8. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

Too soon? geez. how long WON'T it be too soon???

Personally, I don't want to see this film. I'm not saying it's bad or anything, I just don't like movies that are too serious.

9. Ant On A Log

Ant On A Log Guest

you saying I said it was too soon after 9/11 to see it?

10. Italiano

Italiano Film Elitist

I mean unoriginal in the sense that there's already a movie and countless other tributes to 9/11.

I know this is a different side/story about 9/11 and a lot of people would enjoy this movie.

That was just one small factor on my behalf. It just doesn't seem like my kind of flick at the moment.