World Title

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by Babe_Ruth, Oct 17, 2009.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I was curious if you believe the World Title should be defended more on Monday Night Raw or Smackdown? Also make the champion lose on either of those shows. Or you think they should keep doing what their doing and pretty much change the title at a Pay Per View event?

2. Millz

Millz Black 7! Staff Member V.I.P.

I think its alright to have a World Title title match on free TV every once in a while but I wouldnt make it a point to do all the time or anything. Title shots on free tv should be view and far between.

Even more few and far between? Title changes...when they happen on TV its so surprising. Next weeks Smackdown will feature Taker vs Punk for the title...makes ya wanna watch and helps ratings.

3. Anthony1975

Anthony1975 Registered Member

I would like to see someone other than Cena, Orton, Triple McMahon and Boretista holding the belt to be perfectly honest with you.

4. viLky

viLky ykLiv

I'm with Anthony. Somebody like CM Punk is fresh and adds a lot of new content, however since Undertaker took it over he didn't even make a live appearance during this weeks SmackDown! If you're going to be champion you should at least be there... What the heck is with a taped promo? That's just slapping the fans in the face.

Anywho, onto RAW. Yes, dump Cena, Orton and Triple H onto ECW and give somebody else a chance to hold the title. I don't care who, just somebody we haven't seen hold it for the past... 5? years.

And, with the thread topic, I agree with Millz, once every 6 or 8 months is good to see a title championship. Don't make it a common event that spoils the fans so much that they don't care anymore. Who knows, with the whole Hell in a Cell, Submissions only PPV we might just see title changes every week one of these days... q_q

5. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I think the World Title should change holders at least twice a year on television. Usually when the Title is defended on free tv it's pretty obvious that the Champion won't lose, which is annoying because it's so predictable. It would keep you guessing if it changed hands once in awhile.

6. Millz

I do agree its too predictable if it never happens but I'm thinking once a year is enough. People pay good money to order PPVs.

7. Kratzenkov16

Kratzenkov16 Registered Member

i'll never forget when mankind won his first wwf title on raw...that was awesome..

i think hhh did as well...

mcmahon winning on smackdown?

that's fun stuff and wanted mind seeing it happen more often!

8. Millz

All great moments but you'll remember they didn't all happen the same year...

Like I said its fine if its spread out over time.

9. viLky

viLky ykLiv

I also remember Punk cashing his MitB on Edge during RAW. That was purely epic, and I do agree that it shouldn't happen all the time 'cuz that would make PPVs worthless and the people who buy them would feel jipped in a way. Every 6-8 months is a good title match on TV for each brand... EACH! Not combined. =)