• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

World Series

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
The World Series start on Wednesday. Lincercum vs Lee will be the pitching match-up for game number one.

I don't believe the ratings will do all that well, since it's two teams that are not extremely popular, but I'm hopeful that I'm wrong.

I'm rooting for the Rangers.

Use this thread to discuss the 2010 World Series.

SqueakScolari

Registered Member
I'm rooting for the Rangers as well.

I think the TV ratings will be a surprise to people. I think as many people will tune in because it isn't the Yankees or Red Sox or Phillies then as many people will tune out. I'll be honest, I haven't followed the World Series as frivolously in years, like last year, because I simply could not give a shit who won.

I think both teams match up real well, although I do think Texas certainly has more firepower on offense. Both teams have tremendous rotations and good-working bullpens, I think we will see real good baseball.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
The Rangers have the advantage in the batting rotation, but the Giants have the advantage in starting pitching in my opinion. Both have great bullpens, especially closers.

Not a lot of players have World Series experience on both squads, but I don't think that's going to effect a lot of them.

I'm definitely going to watch, I much rather see a match-up of the Phillies against the Rangers because of Halladay, but I don't hate the Giants.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I'll be in SF on Games 1 and 2 of the World Series. :D I'm sure it'll be a crazy atmosphere!

Last year I watched the Phillies, live, but just the regular games vs the Cubs. Remember when you and Tyler would explain baseball to me before? :lol: Rangers, however, I haven't seen them play.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
To be honest I'll be fine with either time winning, I like the Giants better because the Rangers are a rival of the Kansas City Royals...still, it's their first time to the dance so I'm good with them winning it all!

I agree with the point that ratings could be as good as usual due to people wanting to see different teams...I think Texas' first trip to the series could be a big draw.

oxyMORON

A Darker Knight
You know I'll be rooting for the Rangers. I checked up on them a few times during the summer and they were doing pretty well. I also read a couple stories of them getting Lee, bidding for team ownership and whatnot, but I didn't think they'd be this good. I saw they were leading the division and hoped they'd actually make the playoffs. The world series pretty much exceeded everyone's expectations.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Will you actually be at the games Ysabel, or just in San Francisco? If you're at the games takes loads of pictures and post them here.

The Texas crowd has been nuts since the playoffs started, I imagine it will be no different in the World Series, the fans are always on their feet and cheer there players on.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
The tickets are quite expensive so I'll just be at the bar across the street from the AT&T park. :lol: I'll hear them though!

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
That's still pretty wicked, and probably going to be an awesome experience. I dare you to cheer for the Texas Rangers ;)

But in all seriousness, I'm pretty jealous and I hope you have an amazing time at the bar watching the game. Send me updates via BBM if you like.