• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Question World Peace?

Pinecampple

Registered Member
World peace is always something people talk about or wish for, whether they're winning Miss America or talking to a genie.
My question is, do you think it' possible? As for me? I don't believe that it is. I'm not being pessimistic or anything, I just don't believe that, with the human nature, that it'd be possible. There will always be too much "I don't like you for this reason" or "You have this, but I want it, so I'm taking it".
Do you think that it would be possible? Why or why not?

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I doubt there will ever be world peace. You will always have someone trying to take what someone else has. Man has done that from the beginning and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

Just wait until natural resources become scarce. We really won't get along.

dDave

V.I.P.
I think it's a goal worthy of striving for but is not necessarily achievable.

You have to define peace before you can assess the possibility of getting it. Does the term simply mean that no state of war exists between any nations? I tend to believe that would be pretty feasible. There can still be civil unrest, domestic violence, and various other acts of aggression within the borders of one nation that may not affect other nations.

Some people believe we don't have peace in America. We have shootings, situations like Ferguson, and there is war right at our Southern border.

I think we do have peace in America but the word itself is quite vague.

Pinecampple

Registered Member
I think it's a goal worthy of striving for but is not necessarily achievable.

You have to define peace before you can assess the possibility of getting it. Does the term simply mean that no state of war exists between any nations? I tend to believe that would be pretty feasible. There can still be civil unrest, domestic violence, and various other acts of aggression within the borders of one nation that may not affect other nations.

Some people believe we don't have peace in America. We have shootings, situations like Ferguson, and there is war right at our Southern border.

I think we do have peace in America but the word itself is quite vague.
I know what you mean. I mean, I think people think of peace as too wide a word. They tend to think of peace as a word meaning that everything is 100% 100% of the time, but that just can't be. And I like what you said about war, I think war could be very well avoidable (be it the right situations and people were available). But I don't think the world could ever be at 100%. Like you, and Hilander said, there are always going to be disputes over something or another that could temporarily disable that peace.