• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

PC Games World of Warcraft

Nirokusan

Registered Member
I can't be the only one on here that plays WoW. I'm not looking to fill my RealID list, just curious who else plays and where.

Personally, I play an undead warlock on Wyrmrest Accord. Haven't always been there though. Niro's server travels are as follows:
Kirin Tor -> Rivendare -> Kirin Tor (again) -> Rivendare (again) -> Hyjal-Alliance -> Rivendare-Horde (again!) -> Kil'jaeden -> Wyrmrest Accord
So yeah... I've been around and Blizzard's taken lots of my money.

So what faction are you? What server? Class? Race?
Tell me. Tell me everything.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I used to play. Um, server was Barthilias or something. I didn't really play for that long. I have three characters. Level 40 Worgen Rouge, Level 20 Dranei Hunter and Level 10 Tauren Warrior.

I recently cancelled my subscription so that I can focus on University instead. I might take it up again one day.

Nirokusan

Registered Member
Eep your relative lack of playtime makes me feel ... I don't know how it makes me feel. lmao

I have four characters at the current level cap with another ... uh... I want to say four, ranging between 80 and 84. Granted some of those are permanently shelved thanks to the crazy changes from Cata and the fact I didn't play them much at 80 during Wrath.

I give you credit for cancelling though. Back in my heyday, I was so addicted that I was in tears when my laptop's motherboard fried. And I was mortified when my parents suggested I stop playing after that. 2006 was a good time... yeah...

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I've only ever been addicted to two games. The first was Pokemon Red on Gameboy Colour when I was about 8, and the second was Neave Tetris on my computer when I was 17/18. I love gaming, and I do it a lot but aside from those I've never really been addicted to any game. I should be thankful for that I guess. I think it's because I play games in short bursts. I can't sit down and play something for 5 hours in one go, I play for short times, 30 mins at a time etc.

Nirokusan

Registered Member
Back when I first started playing I could go 10+ hours straight. Nowadays I'm fairly burnt out. The one way to get me hyped on the game again would be if I was in a raiding guild and lacked a boyfriend. Merc does a good job at keeping WoW from eating what little life I have.

Vecoli

Registered Member
I used to play WoW. My main is and 85 Night Elf hunter took me ages to lvl and I suck at using him. I usually only last like 5 mins in an arena game. I also have a lvl 62 warrior on Alli and 2 lvl 55's on horde (mage and Lock)

Nirokusan

Registered Member
The Horde player in me reeeeally wants to tell you about how terrible the Alliance is and that you picked the wrong faction. But I think that's because I've played Horde since I started with only a 3 month stint as Alliance one summer. ;)

I don't PvP much, myself. Sometimes a guildie will talk me into queuing with him, but I will never set foot in arenas again. Makes me rage far too much and I have nothing but bad memories of my ex and I trying to do something new that resulted in us being utterly pissed at each other. :D

Vecoli

Registered Member
Arenas are the biggest pain in the ass I raged at them all the time as well. I started off playing Horde as well and visually I prefer horde to Alliance. Orgrimmar is so much cooler than SW but I had more friends that played alliance which ultimately led me to play Night Elf.

So I'm guessing you raided then?

Nirokusan

Registered Member
Ah, ye olde friend influence. Shame on your friends!

And yep. Raided much of BC content (all but Sunwell, really) and the entirety of Wrath.

I would've been on track to raid Cata, but at the time of the expansion's release I was with a guy who thought the game stole souls. I had went out and bought the game on release, only to be told he had hoped to get it for me for Christmas. In shame, I decided not to install it until Christmas. And after being 3-4 weeks behind on leveling and gearing... yeah, just didn't bother getting into a raid guild after that. :/

Vecoli

Registered Member
I was only level 50 or so by the release of Cata so there was no way I would be able to keep up on Gear and whatnot. Not that I ever raided I was even worse at that than I was at Arena. All up I sucked at WoW