• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

World Juniors Thread 2010-11

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
It officially starts tonight, not to sure how many replies this thread is going to get, but I do hope some of the American hockey fans will watch the tournament, especially since it's held in the US this year, and the Americans won against the Canadians last year.

I'm probably going to end up watching every Canadian games, and most the other teams if possible. Canada opens up the tournament today against a huge rival in the Russians. We don't have a super strong team like previous years, but we have four good lines and a few superstars.

This tournament as always been one of my favorite things to watch, and this year won't be any different.

Let's get some discussion going, please.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I haven't been able to watch much yet but I do plan on seeing as much as possible. I saw a little bit of the Russia/Canada game...cannot wait until Tarashenko comes to the Blues.

I think USA plays Slovakia tonight but I'm not sure I'll be able to watch.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
The Canadians didn't impressed me all that much against the Russians even though they won 6-3. I think they have to improve on a lot of things if they want to win the Gold Medal, goaltending is one of those things, and they have to stop taking stupid penalties.

The Canadians play Czech Republic today which will be another challenge. They have a lot of talented players and they need to bring their A game if they want to win the game.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Saw the highlights of the USA smashing Slovakia and Canada smashing the Czech's yesterday. Both games weren't even close even though Canada let up the first goal of the game.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I watched most of the Canada vs Czech game and Canada dominated most of the game. Roy(the Canadians Goaltender) let in the first short he faced, but was pretty solid for the rest of the game. Brendan Schenn had himself a hell of a game finishing with five points. Team Canada lost a few players due to injuries and a player to a Game Misconduct, so he'll probably miss the next game against Norway.

Once again, they need to improve on a few things, but it seems like they are finally gelling.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Canada won against the United States last night the final score was 4-1. IT was a great win by the Canadians, who pretty much dominated the Americans all game. It was also bitter sweet since they beat us on our home soil to win the Gold Medal last year.

Canada will now move on and face the Mighty Russians in the Finals on Wednesday. The Canadians beat those same Russians on Boxing Day 6-3, but they've got stronger on offense through out the tournament. It should be a great game, and hopefully Canada will come out victorious.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
CaptainObvious Baseball 3
Babe_Ruth Hockey 1
Babe_Ruth Hockey 24
Babe_Ruth Hockey 22
Babe_Ruth Hockey 4