World Championships

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
They just unified the two tag team titles, do you believe they should do the same thing with the two World Championship belts(that's if there's no more brand splits) or you believe it's good for the WWE to have two World Champions?

Thoughts?

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
There are way too many high profile wrestlers on the roster to have only one championship and there's no way you can appease everyone with one title. I'd keep both.

Ryuk

Registered Member
There are way too many high profile wrestlers on the roster to have only one championship and there's no way you can appease everyone with one title. I'd keep both.
Co-sign, albeit I liked it when we had the one undisputed champion who worked both shows seven years ago.

wooly

I am the woolrus
I'd like to see them be unified. Rumours are that it's on the cards and i think it'd be great just to have one world champion again. I'v never been a fan of the brand extension and if unifying the world championships means helping to bring the two brand together then i'm for it.

The level of superstars challenging for titles like the IC title and the Tag titles would increase and then the US Title can be a mid-card title. That and the ECW Championship.

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
I dont see it could even be discussed. I mean WWE sometimes has a hard enough time getting all the so called main eventers on PPV's anyways. If you whittle it down to one major championship then there will be PPVs in which certain guys wont even show up. I dont think it makes logical sense.

wooly

I am the woolrus
A top star doesn't necessarily have to be challenging for the championship though. A focus on better storylines and an increase int he level of superstar challenging for secondary titles can ensure that everyone is 'busy'.

I think the variety in challengers for the title would make the World Championship much more competitive and entertaining. The way things are at the moment, the same superstars are constantly challenging for the title. In fact, i can't remember when was the last time John Cena was performing and not challenging for the title, and it gets boring. With one championship, you can have Randy Orton vs Chris Jericho for one PPV, then Edge can come into the fold, then Shawn Michaels. You're able to mix it up a lot more. Superstars that aren't challenging for the title can then be used in either IC or Tag championship matches, or even better, they can be used to put younger superstars over. I think that's much more beneficial than keeping all the top stars fighting amongst themselves for the two world championships.

Ryuk

Registered Member
A top star doesn't necessarily have to be challenging for the championship though.
QFT. If you take a look through the tenures of Stone Cold, The Rock, Taker, Triple H, and Jericho amongst others you'll notice that some of their better moments came in storylines when they weren't pursuing the World Championship but were still main eventers. This is just another problem with MC Whitey, all he's done since reaching main event status is been in the title hunt and that's it, it's like Ric Flairs main point about Hulk Hogan "he always had to be pursuing the title because what else could you do with him?"

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
A top star doesn't necessarily have to be challenging for the championship though. A focus on better storylines and an increase int he level of superstar challenging for secondary titles can ensure that everyone is 'busy'.

I think the variety in challengers for the title would make the World Championship much more competitive and entertaining. The way things are at the moment, the same superstars are constantly challenging for the title. In fact, i can't remember when was the last time John Cena was performing and not challenging for the title, and it gets boring. With one championship, you can have Randy Orton vs Chris Jericho for one PPV, then Edge can come into the fold, then Shawn Michaels. You're able to mix it up a lot more. Superstars that aren't challenging for the title can then be used in either IC or Tag championship matches, or even better, they can be used to put younger superstars over. I think that's much more beneficial than keeping all the top stars fighting amongst themselves for the two world championships.
I think that if you have only one championship it makes it even more unlikely you'll ever see guys like Morrison, MVP and DiBiase win the belt. They'll be weeded out and forgotten about because there are so many in front of him.

Do you think Jeff Hardy would have won the WWE title if it was the only championship? Doubtful.

wooly

I am the woolrus
I think that if you have only one championship it makes it even more unlikely you'll ever see guys like Morrison, MVP and DiBiase win the belt. They'll be weeded out and forgotten about because there are so many in front of him.

Do you think Jeff Hardy would have won the WWE title if it was the only championship? Doubtful.
But the benefit to guys like Morrison, MVP and DiBiase is stars like Jericho, Orton, Cena etc might be available for feuds while other people are challenging for the championship. Now there seems to be a bit of a division between the top stars and the mid-carders. Almost all the top stars are challenging for the title, but if there was only one title, then half of those superstars would be available to put over the younger stars, or challenge for the IC title, which could be shared between top stars and up and coming stars.

I think the importance of holding the world title is a bit overrated. The most important thing is how over you are with the fans. Besides i'd rather see Jeff Hardy never win the title if it meant the title would be a bit more competitive and people like John Cena and Triple H wouldn't constantly have one or be no. 1 contender for one.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I think it would be a bad idea to have the Championships unified like they did for the Tag Team titles. Like it was mentioned earlier it would take a lot of oppurtunities from Wrestlers we wouldn't see with the World Championship belt if there was only one title.

I think in today's era its much different then it was when The Rock and Stone Cold were wrestling. Back then you had only a handful of guys who can lead the business, today there's so many.