Workplace drama

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by pro2A, Oct 4, 2008.

1. pro2A

pro2A Hell, It's about time!

Hate it or love it? Avoid it or get in the middle of it?

Personally I can't stand it. I don't take sides because it only creates animosity and tension in the work place. I'm there to make money, not friends. Friends are a nice bonus, but not necessary. I'd rather be neutral then on anyone's bad side.

I had an issue today where the manager on duty asked me to finish something up before I left. I still had 10 minutes on my shift, so I did what was asked of me when another employee came back and said "You don't have to do that shit man, you've been here all day, get out of here, the GM wouldn't make you do it". I told him I really don't mind, that I was scheduled to 6, it's no biggie, I'll finish this. Well the manager and employee got into it as I finished the task asked of me. I really didn't pay attention to what it was about. Something about talking behind my back? Finally after I was done I stepped out and told them both that I really don't mind doing stuff and that I'm not taking sides here even tho they both tried to get me to take their side. They both seemed a little agitated about the fact that I wouldn't take sides. This is why I hate drama, if you avoid it, you stay neutral and not on someones shit list like what happened today.

2. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

I always end up in the middle of it. I never side with anyone but I'm always expected to side with someone. I have a lot of colleagues that I am friends with outside of work and it causes problems when drama crops up. I don't cause drama at work and I tend to get along with everyone there.
    I used to work in a team of all women until recently and it was a very bitchy environment.

3. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

In my past two full time jobs, I always had to deal with it because I was in charge with employee relations. It exists in different levels (and a wide range of ages) but the most annoying ones are those that affect work productivity. I've not been involved in personal dramas as a main actor. I'm just called on to mediate and talk sense to people because of my job. Although some try drag me into other levels and force me to take sides instead of dealing with issues more objectively. That's when I let them know that I can separate the social me and the me-at-work.

4. Oooh_snap

Oooh_snap Living on the 0th floor V.I.P. Lifetime

Hate it. I hate drama it's too childish. I just mind my buisness and if someone comes to me to trash talk someone else I just walk away or tell them that it's not what I want to hear. I hate to say I am bigger than that, but I am. It is hard when the drama involves a manager though. I think you were right in what you did today though.

5. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

There's always going to be work drama, anywhere you work, I find it quite annoying sometimes and I try to avoid it. But sometimes it's to hard to avoid it, so I am stuck in the middle of it.

6. micfranklin

micfranklin Eviscerator

It's rare that I see workplace drama but the few times I do I usually ignore it and wait 'til the people involved shut up.

7. stimmyvz

stimmyvz Registered Member

I hate it so get myself into it, so I always get some coffe, and stay away for a while, ill go some where defentliy