Workout Parks

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Boredie, Dec 3, 2009.

1. Boredie

Boredie In need of Entertainment

Recently the municipality of my city put up in a dozen or so parks, workout instruments you might find in a gym for the good of the citizens, to use as they please for free, but out in the open.
    [​IMG]
    Do you have such things in your area?
    Do you use them?

Last edited: Dec 3, 2009

2. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

No we don't have anything of that nature here.

Care to explain what type of excercise machines those things are?

3. EllyDicious

EllyDicious made of AMBIGUITY V.I.P. Lifetime

neither do we.
    but those seem to be a good idea.

4. Xeilo

Xeilo Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

Second one seems to be for dips ad the third one is the skier, im too drunk to figure it all out tho :S

5. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

There's a running trail nearby that has a bunch of stuff like that along the trail. It's mostly just wooden beams and metal bars for stuff like pull ups though. I've never seen a park with equipment like in that picture.

6. Boredie

The pic I posted is just a random photo off google, since I haven't found one of my city.
    But the ones I've seen around here, answering BR's question, are things like:
    - Leg Swing Walk (I hope from the description you can understand the exercise) - similar to the third from the right (in the photo)
    - Arm Swinging.
    - There's a horizontal machine for strengthening your leg muscles.
    There are many more different types of machines but I've yet to look at them closely enough to see their function.

7. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

It's a neat idea. I don't know how effective those will be once the weather starts getting bad though.

8. Boredie

Like any out door playgrounds for kids they don't get used when it's raining and freezing, but the rest of the time they are as good as anything :)

9. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

That's pretty crazy, I've never seen or heard of anything like it until this thread. If I saw that at my local park I'd think it was some kind of play equipment lol. And then I'd wonder why it's adults instead of children using it.

I think it's a good idea though. Anything that keeps people out in the fresh air and exercising, can't be a bad thing.

10. Boredie

That's what I thought at first when I saw them in various parks.
    It encourages people, especially youngsters to go out and enjoy a free gym once in a while. They are all painted brightly with red, yellow and blue being the main colours, it really attracts people's attention when you walk/drive by.