• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Working out on Limitations

MindoverMaster

Registered Member
My first post! :)

Anyhow...

5'3"
150lbs
25 years old

I know I need to lose weight. 20 pounds will about do it.

Problem herein, I have a right side weakness.

I have power in my right arm, but not a whole of a lot. Weight machines are hard for me, as I can't get a balance between the two hands on them. I can not grasp dumbbells easily with my right arm. A few times, and I lose grip.

I also have problems with my legs. I can walk fine. But after a long prolonged time, my foot is throbbing with pain. Exercise bikes are hard to keep my right foot in one position.

I do just have one 12lb dumbbell at home that I do different things with, curls, squats, etc. But I feel dumbbells alone will not lose me all the weight.

I do try to eat healthy, but that alone will not drop a bomb.

There any suggestions here?

Last edited:

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
Wow...that is alot of limitations. If you have a girlfriend take care of her more often if you know what I mean. But in all seriousness do you play any type of sports. Volleyball and frisbee golf are great for excercise. Also swimming makes you lose weight and sit ups.

Last edited:

konboye

Registered Member
Don't focus on your limitations. You need to build your confidence and mindset too, sounds are not big on those too. You need to stay motivated, visit my blog http://healthygents.blogspot.com Jogging and/or walking is the best way to loose weight, like generalblue said, doing some sport will help too. But then again, weight loss is 80% what you take in, that is, dieting. If you need more perpective, send me a direct message.

Last edited:

MindoverMaster

Registered Member
I try to boost my confidence. It's just that if I try something to the max, and doesn't work out, that puts me one step back.

I can't swim, I don't play any sports. I once took a trial of Karate, forget what specific, but I didn't like it. Don't remember why...

I used to walk to my neighborhood Walgreens. That was about 1/3 of a mile. A few times during the summer, I walked 1.5 miles to the local computer shop, talked with the manager there, we're good friends. So walking is no alien to me, but keeping it up is hard.

Since I started to notice seizures, I was scared to death. Actually, my mom noticed, I never know when one is happening. I will always remember when I went for a piss, and fell into the bath tub during a seizure. :lol: I haven't had a seizure since November 09, on just one pill twice a day now.

I try to see the funny side of every issue. Laughing is the best medicine. ;)

Last edited:

konboye

Registered Member
Yeah, laughter does wonders for our health not just our mood. Seems you are on the right path, take things one day at a time.

MindoverMaster

Registered Member
Whenever someone discriminates me, I laugh right back at them and show what I can do. Most people's jaws are on the ground. I don't take crap.