• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Discuss Working From Home

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I’m working from home but I’m limited to just a work phone. I have zoom meetings every Wednesday’s with my colleagues to discuss what is happening. I have a feeling that I will be given a laptop when all of his is over.

dDave

V.I.P.
I’m working from home but I’m limited to just a work phone. I have zoom meetings every Wednesday’s with my colleagues to discuss what is happening. I have a feeling that I will be given a laptop when all of his is over.
It’s been so good to have a work laptop. I can’t do a lot of my job from home but it’s been good to do what I can do from home. They don’t give me a phone though so that’s a nice perk for your job I guess.

My organization realized about a year ago that we weren’t ready if campus needed to close for some reason (they were worried about a big snow storm closing us for a week or something, little did they know...) They immediately started giving everyone laptops just in case. They were probably 65% done with this process when COVID-19 reared it’s ugly head.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I am using my own laptop but am sharing my screen on a huge monitor and am connecting remotely to my work computer which is in the office. So it's a solid setup.

dDave

V.I.P.
I am using my own laptop but am sharing my screen on a huge monitor and am connecting remotely to my work computer which is in the office. So it's a solid setup.
That sounds legit. I have a corner L desk. One side has my personal desktop/tower and the other currently hosts my work laptop. Not quite a secondary screen but it's nice to have a larger monitor if I need to watch a video or just stop slouching for a while. Also have a lamp for good measure since I do a lot of reading these days for work.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I really, really miss using my office phone. I'm using Google voice and my cell phone to mask my number for clients. They're all out of state and won't answer if I don't have a local number. My desk phone already had a number from the states I'm working in. I could also dial extensions instead of having to memorize whole phone numbers.