Work vs. Play

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nosferatu_Alucard, Jan 18, 2007.

1. Nosferatu_Alucard

Nosferatu_Alucard Undead Intellectual

Does any find themselves in a constant battle between their work/educational lives and their social lives? How do you guys find a mid-point between the two? Do you think one should be more focused upon than the other?

2. Nevyrmoore

Nevyrmoore AKA Ass-Bandit

My desire to work & pass this course always looses against my desire to slack off and play.

"Okay, I will do this assignment, I will do this assignment, I will do thi-ooh, Double Dragon...*plays*"

I appear to lack the motivation and drive to actually do anything useful until the very last minute...

Should one be focused on more than the other? No, they should be both given equal attention. Focus more on play, and work may pile up. Focus more on work, and you could find yourself with little time to relax.

3. Pugz

Pugz Ms. Malone V.I.P. Lifetime

I didn't find a mid point between the two...because i didn't have a social life...still don't.

Anyway, it's kind of up to you to find the line between the two.

4. Nosferatu_Alucard

I don't think there is such thing as a mid-point between the two. If you find yourself in the middle, then you're not living up either one, they're both dull. Your either slacking on your work, or not getting enough time to socialize. I find myself switching between the predominant one every couple of days or even weeks.

5. Pugz

Keep up with that then

6. Nosferatu_Alucard

What's up with the snide comment? I was giving just my thoughts.

7. Pugz

It wasn't meant to be snide, i meant if thats good for you then keep up with it.

8. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

Play > Work usually. If work was like playing, I'd do it all the time, but it isn't. I think the main reason why I play more is because it's more interesting, and that's all it needs to be.

9. Moiraine

Moiraine Guest

I agree about not finding a true midpoint without suffering. Between working all the time trying to do everything I have to do for my classes I barely have time to socialize. Then I get labeled as a nerd without a sense of anything and people tend to think I'm ignorant. *shrug* I would say work hard to be successful, but don't cause the ones you love most to suffer by neglecting them constantly.

10. Hoosier_Daddy

Hoosier_Daddy Registered Member

There's definitely a mid-ground to be found between the two where life can be extremely harmonious. If you're bouncing back and forth to the extremes in both, life can become quite hectic as you constantly switch from hot to cold. You really should think about finding balance in your life. You'd feel much less stress if you did.

Hoosier.