• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Exercise Work out motivation thread

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I know there are a lot of GF'ers out there who are trying to work out to lose weight, get in shape, etc.

So let's use this thread to discuss what you've been doing and try and motivate other people to not slack on their work outs.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
That's a good thread Millz.

So I started working out again this week [after a 2 weeks break up]. My muscles are hurting but I'm sure the next week they'll recover.

What I've noticed in myself is that no matter how long/short is the break I take from the gym, it's very hard to get back on track and exercise with the same energy. So I choose not to take long breaks or my work out would go to waste because I'd need double energy to keep on doing what I used to to before the break.

For example, before Summer [this year] I used to work out 2 hours a day. During the Summer I quit going to the gym and started running outdoors. But I can tell that running outdoors and working out at gym are 2 different things, though both worthy of losing weight. When I got back to working out [when the Summer was over], my body had no energy to work out the way it used to (before Summer),[though I had been keeping it in movement through running].

But when I don't work out I feel lazy, sleepy and tiring.. and these 2 feelings are one of those I can't stand.
While exercising regularly gives me power and I'm not afraid to do any physical activity.

Also, I've given up on using the elevator/lift. I walk to stairs and my apartment is in the 7th floor. [well..it's not so high lol.]

Last edited:

Daemonic

Registered Member
So I just started back at day 1 of the P90 after this topic which is cardio and abs. Tomorrow will be weights, and push ups, and that kinda stuff. It switches of from cardio to that every day. Then after a while I move onto the other disk which is the same pattern but more intense. Just curious, does anyone think it would hurt to do the cardio part even on weights days. Like do cardio in the morning and weights that night on those days or would it be overkill? I mean since I never get out I think it may be good to do the cardio every day, right?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I don't really need motivation to work out. Luckly I have a gym at my work and I just go during my lunch hour. So I go five days a week, I might start going on the weekends. I enjoy going too, which helps a whole lot.

I've gained about ten to fifteen lbs of muscles since May 2009. Right now I weigh 135-138lbs my goal is to achieve 150lbs. Hopefully within the next few years I'll get there.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
I'm not doing much, just 20 minutes of yoga every morning, but I've been sticking to it every day for the entire month. It doesn't seem like much but I have noticed a difference in how well I'm sleeping, plus it's actually toning my legs and belleh.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
My workout yesterday was pretty straight forward. 50 full arm length pullups and 50 bar dips. When I start to lose my motivation to work out I just watch this video:

YouTube - Incredible strength

That's pretty much my goal, to be able to do most of those types of things at least a few times. I am currently around 185lbs and my goal is probably 215lbs.

Last edited:

Impact

V.I.P.
I lack any sort of motivation for working out. I'm really not worried about my weight, just being unfit. I started exercising again about a month and a half, to two months a go, just on the exercise bike, and crunches. I try to get on the bike 15 mins every weekday, and then 3 sets of crunches but i've kinda fallen off lately. Although the past couple days i've been doing about an hour of brisk walking a day so that counts for something right? When i've finished my temp asignment I want to work out a daily workout. I was thinking of joining a gym but i'm not sure there is one close to me and I don't want to waste the money on a membership if i'm too lazy to get there.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
The fact that I have weights in my basement is really helping me keep up with this. I don't think if I belonged to a gym I would do it as frequently. I just cannot work out in front of other people. It's not like I feel inadequate compared to other people; it's just a mental thing I guess. I like going at my own pace and doing whatever I want and I have that luxury at my house.

So far so good. I certainly don't need to lose weight but adding some muscle would be nice.