• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Words you often misspell...

Altanzitarron

Tamer Of The LOLzilla
Spelling has never been a great strength of mine but there are definitely some words that get me more than most. The annoying thing is that I will notice instantly when I've made the mistake but for some reason I almost always spell them the wrong way first. Does anyone else go through this? My common mistakes are Apparantly instead of Apparently, Here (when I mean Hear) and You're (When I mean Your). I also sometimes group two words together like "Ofcourse" and "alot". Total Fail.

Last edited:

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Sometimes I forget whether a word ends with 'ent' or 'ant' and I'm sure I would make errors more frequently if Firefox didn't have a spell checker. Generally I'm really good with commonly used words though. For less commonly used words sometimes I'll have to look them up.

HalfEatenSurprise

Registered Member
Its - and It's - I bloody hate that apostrophe. Constantly adding or missing it automatically when I shouldn't. Even though I know how to use it. Annoying.

Unnecessary - It's a bastard of a word.

Other than that I'm usually okay.

dDave

V.I.P.
The only two words I ever get mixed up are "affect" and "effect" and even then it's pretty rare for that to happen.

If I spell something else wrong it's a typo, I've been known to say "teh" instead of "the" occasionally.

I'm usually pretty good about spelling, I'm very good at it.

Tucker

Lion Rampant
Mostly typos for me, the same ones over and over. "False" always comes out as "flase," and I mean always, as in I just spelled it wrong accidentally in this very sentence and had to fix it. "Realtionship" pops up a lot, too, and there are others that I can't remeber right now.

Impact

V.I.P.
Professional and Assistant are frequently spelled wrong by me, because I can never remember where the double letters go. I'm sure there are more, but those are the ones I notice most often.

@Halfie. I used to have issues with unnecessary too, but then my friend taught me a thing to remember how to spell it. It sounds crazy but it's "Never Eat Cake Eat Sausage Sammiches And Remain Young" with un at the front.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
Necessary[neccessary], Accessory[acessory], Professional[proffessional], Indefinitely[indifinitley], Assistance[asisstance], Neighborhood[neighbourdhood], Entertainment[enterteiment], Command[comand].

I used to misspell them a lot, but not anymore now.

Bliss

Sally Twit
'Embarrassed' is a big one for me. I don't add the second 'R'.

And I still don't know which one is 'desert' and which one is 'dessert'. Not without using Google.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
Spelling has never been a great strength of mine but there are definitely some words that get me more than most. The annoying thing is that I will notice instantly when I've made the mistake but for some reason I almost always spell them the wrong way first. Does anyone else go through this? My common mistakes are Apparantly instead of Apparently, Here (when I mean Hear) and You're (When I mean Your). I also sometimes group two words together like "Ofcourse" and "alot". Total Fail.
YOU were barbie!!! lol ovcoarse

Amy I always remember dessert vs. desert thanks to The Electric Company's Letter Man. lol

I usually have trouble with words that have some double letters like embarrassed. Chrome saves me from embarrassment all the time :D