• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Words of Wisdom

Laine

Registered Member
I am seeing that as a part of a forum we each have the opportunity to affect each others lives and that to me is a powerful thing.

Please share some life lessons or as they say “Words of Wisdom” with us and maybe the world. You might just change a life… And feel free to explain why you find it important.

Please share your thoughts and comment on others thoughts, thank you.

Danno

Registered Member
A motto that I have lived by since the age of 18 is "Always look after number 1, because if you don't, no one else will"

I heard it on a TV show and have lived by it ever since. I don't trust anybody fully and figured along time ago that the only person who will look out for me is me.

That goes for closest friends..even family. You are your own best friend in this world.

Taliesin

Registered Member
Be kind.

Don't be a douche.

Whenever you've been a douche to someone, and it was on purpose, apologise unreservedly.

Even if you were a douche by accident, apologise unreservedly.

Seek to make amends.

And if they never forgive you, then remind yourself that at least by apologising you've acknowledged that their emotional well being was just as important as your own.

And maybe, just maybe, you'll be on the path to developing a little humility. You'll think twice about being a douche next time. ;)

(Yup, this is a lesson I had to learn all over again, and quite recently.) :(

Last edited:

Laine

Registered Member
A few of my favorites:

"Live simply so others may simply live" This to me means we should live to preserve the things around us like nature and resources so that we may give our grand children and their children a place to live.

"Do not let the opportunity pass by to tell someone just how you feel about them, it may be the last time you ever see them." Is self explanatory I think.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Try to treat others as you would have them treat you. If that doesn't work out though treat them like they treat you.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
The one thing I always strive to do is be nice to everyone all the time. Sure, I joke and make fun of people but that's different. You aren't someone's friend if you can't make fun of them.

Treat others as you would want to be treated...I guess that's the actual corny line haha