• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Woods vs. Paterno: Legacies

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
The Joe Paterno scandal is hand's down the most surprising story to shake the sports world since "Tiger Woods in car accident."

Twenty years from now which legacy will be impacted more by these two incidents? Also, which one will be the most surprising twenty years from now? Also, regarging Woods, I'm not just talking about him cheating on his wife. I'm talking about his game falling the way it did, and him having problems making the cut at some tournaments.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

BigBob

Registered Member
It's not the Joe Paterno scandal and it's getting really annoying that people are saying that. It's the Sandusky scandal, not the Paterno scandal. People can spin it all they want, Joe did his job, end of discussion.

Anyways, I think it's going to effect Woods more because of the downfall he's had on the course. Had he continued to play at least half of the way he was able to play before the cheating incidents then 20 years down the road I believe people would still recognize him as an amazing golfer (of course, except all the women pride groups and shit).

That can all change if he can get back to his winning ways.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
It's not the Joe Paterno scandal and it's getting really annoying that people are saying that. It's the Sandusky scandal, not the Paterno scandal. People can spin it all they want, Joe did his job, end of discussion.
Agreed.

Although this whole situation surrounding Penn State is worse as compared to Tiger just cheating on his wife (which is by no means a laughing matter), JoePa's legacy will largely be left untouched from all of this. He is the greatest coach to ever coach college football, if not all of college sports, and he will always be remembered as such.

Tiger will be remembered for the crash and burn of his events. Yes, he was the greatest golfer in the world up until it happened, but when it happened, he crumbled like a little kid.

oxyMORON

A Darker Knight
Yeah Paterno did what he was supposed to do. He's just stepping down cause he felt bad for not doing more. He's just the biggest name in a case that doesn't concern him all that much.

I think Tiger's case had more media spotlight. It's easier to focus on one person rather than a whole community.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
An athlete who cheated on his wife (in impressive proportions, yes) isn't exactly rare.

A coach who allowed child abuse to go on in his football facility?

I think you know my answer.

BigBob

Registered Member
An athlete who cheated on his wife (in impressive proportions, yes) isn't exactly rare.

A coach who allowed child abuse to go on in his football facility?

I think you know my answer.
I think we also know that you know very little, if anything of the entire situation. You're one of those who don't look into the situation and assume what the media says is true.

I'm sure this is exactly what happened:

"Penn State Sex Scandal"

Joe Paterno did it. /thread

Do some research before you judge someone on what they may have or haven't done.

Wade8813

Registered Member
It's a Sandusky scandal, but there seems to be a fair amount of evidence that people were saying it was a problem for years.

In the end, nobody really cares that Woods had an affair except his family. And sure he had some problems, but unless he continues to suck for the rest of his career (which seems really unlikely, since he's already shown signs of coming back), it won't really matter.

But there will probably always be speculation about how much Paterno knew, and how much he should have known, and what he could have done to stop it..

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Millz Sports 6
K NBA 22
Merc Movies & TV 12
sunrise Outdoors 11
Altanzitarron Movies & TV 3