Woods has knee surgery, will miss a month

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Tiger Woods had arthroscopic surgery on his left knee Tuesday and will miss at least four weeks while he recovers.

It was the third time Woods has had surgery on his left knee, the most recent in 2003 when he missed the start of the season. His agent said he had been experiencing pain since the middle of last year. "I made the decision to deal with the pain and schedule the surgery for after the Masters," Woods said, according to tigerwoods.com. "The upside is that I have been through this process before and know how to handle it. I look forward to working through the rehabilitation process and getting back to action as quickly as I can."
FOX Sports on MSN - Golf - Woods has knee surgery, will miss a month

The_Burger_King

Registered Member
Wonder if this is code for, "I finished second in The Masters and all week I have been that has been the hot topic on most sports radio programs." If not mistaken he said he could see pulling off a grand slam this year. All I can say is after a bad weekend with the putter and having to come off surgery and 4 weeks off, I can see him going into his next tourney and making everyone else play for a distant 2nd.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Tiger isn't the kind of guy who makes excuses for himself. He isn't one of my favorite golfers, but I'm glad he'll recover in time for the US Open.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Imagine how good Tiger will be when he comes back, playing Gold with a bad knee is not an easy task, even if your the best golfer in the world. Personally I think he's just going to come back and blow the competetion out of the water.

The_Burger_King

Registered Member
I heard he had been dealing with the nagging pain since last season, and won 3 out of the 5 tourneys he entered this year, last time he had this same surgery when he came back ran of 3 straight one by 11 strokes over the 2nd place guy. So I am sure when Tiger comes back he starts rolling off the wins for a few tourneys.

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'm also happy he's getting this done so he can get back in full health before the US Open. Tiger is someone I definitely always root for.