Women's Gymnastics

Discussion in 'Olympics' started by Millz, Aug 13, 2008.

1. Millz

Millz Black 7! Staff Member V.I.P.

Well that sucked last night winning the silver. Those Chinese girls are so young looking and there's no way they are 16 years old. I'd say about 11...if that high.

Bella wasnt too happy about it either claiming the Chinese cheated on their passports live in the studio. Costas had this look on this face like it'll be alright there buddy.

Oh well, shit happens. I felt really bad for Alicia Scarmone...so much so that I wanted to fly to China and "comfort her," but I digress.

2. viLky

viLky ykLiv

Bella is insane, me thinks. =)

I felt bad, too, for some of them. Having those few slip ups and the Chinese being on top of their game made it a real challenge. At least they got a medal, that's something to be proud of.

3. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

I think there was some shady shit going on with both the judges scores and the Chinese gymnasts. China was definitely better, but I think the scoring was unfair. All the Chinese athletes are like fucking robots, from the way they perform everything perfectly to the way they high five each other and their lack of expression.

4. Millz

Millz Black 7! Staff Member V.I.P.

The word on the street is that they train these girls from age 3 and they only see their parents once a year. That's ridiculous.

Does it matter that much?

I think that's how it works with the judging. Most people hate Americans. If its a game in which we keep score we can win or if its not judgment calls we can win (swimming) but sports like this we arent going to get the benefit of the doubt.

5. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Ever since China got the bid to host the 2008 Summer Olympics, they've been training there atheletes none stop. So they can win the most medals in there home country.

It was a nice effort from the Americans, but the Chinese deserved to win that Gold Medal. But I do agree with Echoes on the shady judging. I realize that one as well, when I saw the scores.

6. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

The Americans did make some pretty bad mistakes. I agree that the Chinese girls surely weren't 16. There was one that looked like she could have been 10 or 11.

7. barbiegirl14

barbiegirl14 Registered Member

a 10 year old getting the gole medal? That is amazing...

8. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

...gly against the rules.

EXQEX9 likes this.
  9. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

Nastia Liukin and Shawn Johnson won gold and silver for the U.S. despite more biased judging. Fucking awesome.

10. Vincent_Valentine

Vincent_Valentine Studley-Do-Right

I'm glad to hear they pulled it off. I was watching parts of it but turned it off because the judging was frustrating me. It seemed like every time after Liukin and Johnson went the announcers were shocked by how low the score was and every time after one of the Chinese girls went they were shocked by how high the score was.

Millz likes this.