Women’s Constitutional Right to Go Topless Still Largely Unrecognized

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
It's a result of the prude history of this "Christian" nation. We've convinced ourselves (albeit, not as bad as the muslims) that we are to be ashamed of our bodies and should keep our bodies to ourselves. Having little clothing makes you a slut, a perv, or something of that variety. Basically, our society has developed a standard that the less clothes you wear, the less civilized you are. It's essentially made all forms of nudity in this country dirty in some degree.

Daemonic

Registered Member
I couldn't care less if people even want to go around naked all the time......

It's a body...

Hell, maybe if we didn't even have cloths people would be more motivated to keep in shape. Could help with obesity problems....... I know I would me exercising more if I had to walk in the nude.....

Anyway, if it became acceptable people would just adjust to it. We would probably end up viewing it as just part of life.

Ilus_Unistus

Registered Member
I know for Estonia and I think most of Europe women may be topless at beaches if they wish. Other than this I do not think would break any laws for a women to be topless anywhere else, but it would be in bad taste I think.

Shwa

Gay As Fuck
V.I.P.
Which I also think is silly, I don't think wanting to take off your top should be considered tasteless, but that's just me. Then again, I'm not a boob guy, so from my perception there is no reason to hide it.

So what about eating out at a restaurant or going to the theater to see a show/opera and have some random woman come topless? That would be a weird setting and I'm sure a lot of people would be uncomfortable.

I"m all for women rights and what not, but there's already nude/topless beaches for them to flaunt their bodies, hell they even do it at the gym when working out. We even have women doing it in public, wearing skimpy outfits that pretty much outlines and figures their body to their liking. I'm sure those women aren't ashamed as the men are looking at them. But a line should be drawn somewhere.

~Shwa

MAgnum9987

Do What Thou Wilt
As much as I would like to see just bare boobs all day, I really don't think my, or any mans opinion matters. The only men whose opinions matter are the politicians, but, you know how they are. This is the women's matter. Its their bodies, and how they want to be viewed is their business. If women want to go running through the streets without clothes, all power to em. I don't think anyone should/could stop them.

Daemonic

Registered Member
So what about eating out at a restaurant or going to the theater to see a show/opera and have some random woman come topless? That would be a weird setting and I'm sure a lot of people would be uncomfortable.

I"m all for women rights and what not, but there's already nude/topless beaches for them to flaunt their bodies, hell they even do it at the gym when working out. We even have women doing it in public, wearing skimpy outfits that pretty much outlines and figures their body to their liking. I'm sure those women aren't ashamed as the men are looking at them. But a line should be drawn somewhere.

~Shwa

That's not what I mean, even guys don't take their tops off at places like that. I'm talking about equality with what is acceptable for men. I was saying if it's hot out at your local BBQ w/pool, beach, while swimming, inside a friends house, or any other places guys do it.....

If you get down to it I don't think nudity should be a big deal, period. But within the realm of morals the majority of society holds right now I think women should be treated equally.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.

~Shwa
It might be uncomfortable for you and other people but it's normal for the person that is in the nude. I don't think that's a good enough reason to not allow them being nude at a restaurant or a show/opera. If that's how the person feels most comfortable, who are we to judge?

Why shouldn't she/he be allowed to go to public places that you mentioned naked? Is it because people aren't used to it? I don't believe that's a good enough reason.

I believe one of the biggest reasons why people overreact is because it's not something were used to.

Last edited:

Shwa

Gay As Fuck
V.I.P.
Let's bring back a bold woman who, not to many months ago made this music video and shocked the world some.

YouTube - Erykah Badu - Window Seat

It probably is due to that Babe, I mean I've always been clothed and "presentable" when going out to enjoy a good time with family or friends. It would be new to me to see someone just come in half or full naked, I couldn't imagine how they do it though. All the eyes staring at you, I'm sure a great deal of confidence is with them along with courage.

~Shwa

Last edited: