Women in commentary

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Barbara, May 9, 2009.

1. Barbara

Barbara Ess Tii Eph Yu V.I.P. Lifetime

Am I the only one who is bothered when a woman is doing the color commentary for sports events? To me most of the speech sounds forced and unsure and a certain air of excitement is lacking in their voice. It always just seems so mundane when I listen to ladies. Stop going for pretty faces and straight teeth and start bringing us people, men or women, who know the game.

2. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

From what I've noticed from the very few female commentators I've seen, they're hired to be eye candy and most of them sound far from being excited. They had a woman on my local sports station (NESN - New England Sports News) who left and she was great. She loved the games, showed enthusiasm but she wasn't a perfect 10. She was easily an 8 or 9 if we want to use that archaic scale of measurement, whatever it means, but the woman they replaced her with is clearly America's idea of a 10. Blonde, dumb, busty, and boring.

3. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

Are we talking on commentary as color anchors or sideline reporters?

For example, Erin Andrews is really hot but I think she's really good at what she does.

4. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

I don't mind women doing sideline reporting, but women up in the booth doing the main commentary makes my ears bleed. Pam Ward is the worst (if you watch college football on ESPN2 you know who I'm talking about). Her voice sounds like a boy who's going through puberty, and she's not pretty to look at either. In fact she's probably one of the ugliest people I've ever seen.

5. Nightsurfer

Nightsurfer ~Lucky 13 strikes again~

To be quite honest I turn the TV on mute while watching the Hockey games (I listen to tunes). I don't like to hear all the jabbering. So man or woman it makes no difference to me.

6. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I hate when Woman does the color commentating, half of the time their boring, and like Cons said they don't show any excitment. Also a lot of them have no clue what their talking about. It makes me so mad.