Women calls 911 after McDonald's runs out of Nuggets

BigBob

Registered Member
A Florida woman called 911 three times after she paid for a 10-piece Chicken McNuggets at a McDonald's but the fast-food restaurant ran out of them and refused to give her a refund.

Latreasa L. Goodman, 27, made the calls after she tried to get her money back from a Fort Pierce McDonald's and the cashier told her all sales were final. Police released the 911 tapes.

"This is an emergency. If I would have known they didn't have McNuggets, I wouldn't have given my money, and now she wants to give me a McDouble, but I don't want one," police quoted her as saying. "This is an emergency."

The cashier suggested she choose something else off the menu of equal value to the McNuggets, and offered the restaurant's cheeseburger called the McDouble.

"She's trying to force me to eat something off the menu and I don't want it," Goodman told 911.

The first dispatcher, a woman, asks if there's a manager there, but listens to Goodman's complaints and says she's sending someone.

The second, male dispatcher tells her he's aware of the incident and "we've got an officer coming out there to talk to you."

Police say Goodman was cited on a misuse of 911 charge. A current phone listing for Goodman couldn't be found.

A McDonald's spokesman said Goodman should have been given a refund, and she's being sent a gift card for a free meal.
The title mislead me too because I thought she called to tell the cops they were out but it was because they wouldn't refund her.

I think it's funny regardless.

Nixola

Boom Boom Pow!
That is so stupid.

That woman needs to calm the fuck down. So she couldn't get her money back - either get over it or get something else off the menu...

Iris

rainbow 11!
i understand being pissed about not getting a refund, but seriously??? what the fuck. she has to be from florida, too lol

PretzelCorps

Registered Member
This goes for both the customer [strike]and the manager[/strike] --> Gee, kids, McNuggets cost, what? Five bucks?

[strike]Poor show on the part of that manager, if he/she actually allowed this to go that far, though...[/strike]

edit
Actually, I reread the quoted piece; it says nothing about the manager being involved. It would seem to appear that the woman called 911 based on her interactions with a McDonalds cashier. Thus, every bit of the ensuing retardation falls on her shoulders.

Last edited:

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
I haven't worked at McDonald's before but I've worked at other similar places. Their registers might not be set up for refunds. Basically a manager has to do the refunds. There might not have been one around.

What a fool though. 911 is for safety and health emergencies only. Not for complaining that your journey to 300lbs has been stalled.

Shwa

Gay As Fuck
V.I.P.
What this woman should have done before calling 911 was park her car, go inside and beat the living s*** out of the cashier for not returning her money back to her. Initially, it was McDonald's fault for refusing to give back her money when they ran out of an item and didn't day it before she paid. But like I said, a good beating goes a long way :D

~Shwa

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
She's definitely an idiot, but I'd be pretty pissed too if they refused to give me a refund for something they don't even have. I wouldn't make a huge deal out of it though. I'd just find something else on the menu that I like.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
A Florida woman called 911 three times after she paid for a 10-piece Chicken McNuggets at a McDonald's but the fast-food restaurant ran out of them and refused to give her a refund.

Latreasa L. Goodman, 27, made the calls after she tried to get her money back from a Fort Pierce McDonald's and the cashier told her all sales were final. Police released the 911 tapes.
McDonald's should have refunded her. If I were that woman, I would have been pissed too and wouldn't leave until they give me a refund. It's more the principle of it than having the money. I suppose it's worse if someone fought for the principle and also needed the money.

I'm surprised though because McDonald's for me is one of the best fast food places I've been in terms of customer service. There's no such thing as "all sales are final", as the lady was told. Meaning, at some places when you complain about poorly cooked fries they look at you like you're a weird person. At McD, they just change it right away. One time I even did a test of tolerance with them. I ordered a Coke and after I had it, I came back a few seconds later to say I changed my mind and want a Sprite. They gave me without asking. I realise my test also contributed to wasting stuff because they throw the unwanted order right away even if it's untouched. My friend worked for McD and I was told how they discard a lot of food for that reason.

The first dispatcher, a woman, asks if there's a manager there, but listens to Goodman's complaints and says she's sending someone.

The second, male dispatcher tells her he's aware of the incident and "we've got an officer coming out there to talk to you."

Police say Goodman was cited on a misuse of 911 charge. A current phone listing for Goodman couldn't be found.
I think it's overboard to call 911 over this. There are far more important things happening around. This is hardly an emergency. The resources used on this person meant the loss of available personnel to take on more urgent (and life threatening!) cases.

I've heard of a similar misuse of cops/911 before when a person ordering through a drive through couldn't order what she wanted because they were out of stock that night. Spoiled brat much?