Woman Wakes after 17 hours of no brain waves (not to mention her heart stopped too)

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Mirage, May 23, 2008.

1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

This is crazy and almost unbelievable. This lady had no brain waves for 17 hours and her heart had actually stopped for 10 minutes towards the end of this time.

She "woke up" however after her family had said their final goodbyes and her tubes were removed.

FOXNews.com - Woman Wakes After Heart Stopped, Rigor Mortis Set In - Health News | Current Health News | Medical News

2. Hanzo_Hattori

Hanzo_Hattori For the Horde!

"Sooo Mrs. How was Death!?"

3. TimmehD

TimmehD Registered Member

I knew that was going to be involved in there somewhere.

viLky likes this.
  4. ExpectantlyIronic

ExpectantlyIronic e̳̳̺͕ͬ̓̑̂ͮͦͣ͒͒h̙ͦ̔͂?̅̂ ̾͗̑

I figured from the title of this thread that they had put her on ice. People can survive some pretty crazy things when freezing their ass off. When facing long periods without oxygen or cardiac arrest, hypothermia can be your best friend.

5. Dragon

Dragon Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

I think she heard the family calling dibs on some of her posessions and woke up. :D It's good that she is still around and that is one heck of a story that she will be telling her friends and grandkids.

viLky, Skylar and Blueyes like this.
  6. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

That's pretty lucky that she woke up, I wonder what happened. It'd be scary to know that you were once dead and now you're alive again.

viLky likes this.
  7. 6footninja

6footninja Registered Member

haha, my thoughts were just that

8. Vidic15

Vidic15 No Custom Title Exists V.I.P. Lifetime

Wow, that is just amazing. She is lucky too.

9. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

17 hours of actually being dead? and no brain damage? I don't believe it. :-/ I'm going with that hypothermic explanation mentioned above.

me too

10. Boredie

Boredie In need of Entertainment

That's really amazing.