• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Woman tries to rent family off of Craigslist

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
SACRAMENTO, Calif. -- At William Jessup University near Sacramento, there's a junior who seems to have it all. Jackie Turner has straight As, good friends and a big heart. She works part-time as a tutor and eventually wants a career helping troubled kids. Her future is definitely bright, but the clouds still roll in every December.

Calif. woman who tries to rent family via Craigslist gets so much more - CBS News
While we are all enjoying the holidays with family and friends we forget about people that have no one. How difficult that must make the holidays not to mention depressing. This poor woman's childhood memories of the holidays included being locked up and being beaten. In her adult life she still has no one, or at least I should say didn't, until she went to Craigslist and she got plenty of offers.

I've never had to spend a holiday alone so I can only imagine how it feels and I don't even know anyone that does except by choice. I'm sure if its not by choice it can be very depressing. May be why more suicides happen around the holidays.

Have you ever had to spend the holidays alone? How did it make you feel? Have you ever welcomed someone into your home and family that had no one?