Woman tied to car, dragged to death

Xeilo

Registered Member
V.I.P.
A MAN has pleaded guilty to killing his girlfriend by dragging her behind a car with a tow strap around her neck.
Jose Luis Rubi-Nava, 38, pleaded guilty to the first-degree murder of Luz Maria Franco Fierros, 49, to escape the death penalty, kidnapping and other charges, the Associated Press reported.

Ms Franco Fierros was alive when Rubi-Nava tied her to the car and began dragging her through suburban streets in Denver. She died of asphyxiation and massive head wounds.

During the investigation, police said the gruesome crime left a trail of blood more than a 1.5km long and that Ms Franco Fierros's face was unrecognisable, Fox News reported.

Her body was found in September 2006, near Castle Rock, about 30km south of Denver.

A Colorado Bureau of Investigation agent testified in 2007 that Rubi-Nava told him that he and Ms Franco Fierros had a violent argument hours before her death, and that Rubi-Nava accused her of seeing other men.

Rubi-Nava has been sentenced to life in prison without parole.
Source: Woman tied to car, dragged to death | World News | News.com.au

That is just out right wrong, I can't even imagine what she would look like after all of that, I'm glad he is going to rot in jail.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
So if you plead guilty to first degree murder you only get life sentence but if you say you're not guilty you may get death penalty? Obviously, I'm confused. :lol:

Cait

Oh, poppycock.
For some reason i think I saw a Supernatural episode on something like this.

Anyway, that is sick. I can't even begin to imagine the pain the woman went through, and I'm pretty sure I don't want to.

ILOVEUSA911

Registered Member
My opinion on this is if you are capable of doing this to another human being, and you admit that you did it, save the tax payers the money we'll have to pay to take care of this scumbag and kill him on the spot.

JMO

Iris

rainbow 11!
That's horrible! That poor woman. :[

I'm just as confused, Ysabel.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I cant believe anyone would even think of doing something like this, they must be pretty messed up in the head. Hopefully the guy is treated really badly in prison by the other inmates.

I'd prefer he be sentenced to death, then rot in a coffin. That way American tax money won't be wasted feeding and keeping a roof over his head, while serving his sentence.

Last edited:

dDave

Guardian of the Light
V.I.P.
That's disgusting! What kind of sick person hates anybody enough to drag them alive for a mile behind a car?!

I wish that they would just execute people like this, it saves tax money to be put toward something more useful. I hope he gets the death sentence. Prison is not enough punishment for something like this.