• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Woman survives in wrecked car for 5 days

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
FAIRPLAY, Colo. - Kristin Hopkins wrote pleas for help on a red-and-white umbrella that she managed to push through a broken window of her crashed car and open, hoping to attract the attention of drivers on a scenic highway above.

Colorado woman will lose both feet after surviving in wrecked car for 5 days - CBS News
This woman is so lucky a hiker found her before it was too late. I've been to the Rockies and I can see how it would be difficult to see her car, actually from the highway impossible in many places.

I remember thinking when we were out there and we were driving along the mountain road and I looking off the side that if we had a wreck it could be months before someone discovered us. I found that thought rather scary.

I honestly don't know how she would have any hope for rescue in time. I would have been laying there after a day thinking this is where I'm going to die. Poor woman, glad she is going to be okay but she will be losing both feet.