• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Woman Sues Google for Street View Pics of Her Underwear

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Woman Sues Google for Street View Pics of Her Underwear | INQUISITION NEWS

The woman lives in Fukuoka, Japan and is suing Google for 600,000 (~$7,000) over the images. She told a court: “I was overwhelmed with anxiety that I might be the target of a sex crime. It caused me to lose my job and I had to change my residence.” Apparently, the shock exacerbated an already-existing obsessive compulsive disorder to the point she couldn’t work.
This women is a bit crazy in my opinion, and I do hope that she doesn't get a dime. Words cannot describe how some people are plain stupid. I know some people dislike the Google Street View, but suing them over this is idiotic. Not to mention that she had to change residence and she lost her job over this silly thing.

Last edited:

fractal

Eye see what you did ther
OCD does not mean she is crazy. And this is just the beginning. Wait for several other privacy intrusions.

Vincent_Valentine

Studley-Do-Right
When I first saw the headline, I thought that Google Street View caught a picture of her IN her underwear, in which case I could see her argument. If that was the case, not only would there be a picture of her in a state of undress, but her address would basically be known, since it was Google Street View afterall.

However, when I read the thing and saw that it just captured her underwear hanging on a clothes line, I damn near face-palmed. I honestly won't be surprised to see this settle outside of court, just to shut her up. Not like Google can't afford it.

Blueyes

Registered Member
the womans insane if you ask me...who gives a flying flick about underwear hanging up to dry.

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
What was she doing out of the kitchen? Woooo! But anyways I hope this woman doesn't get a dime as well. I know I almost lost my job over Facebook pics, but losing your job over pics of underwear is stupid. She is lazy woman and is too lazy to find a job. I re edit this because I am tired and forgot this was about Google Street.

Last edited:

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
When I first saw the headline, I thought that Google Street View caught a picture of her IN her underwear, in which case I could see her argument.
I couldn't even see the argument then. Who goes outside or stands in their windows in their underwear? If you're in public, a picture could be taken of you. Dress appropriately.

Also, if she wins then it looks like Google Street View is finished. All people have to do is hang underwear out front and wait for the Google truck to come rolling by. Then it's ch-ching!

anmracing

Registered Member
Title is a little misleading. I can see where someone would be upset about being caught in the unmentionables but if it's a picture of clothes drying whats the big deal? Unbelievable......