Woman mauled by Chimpanzee

ILOVEUSA911

Registered Member
I am a firm believer that there are some animals that do not belong as pets. Chimps are one of them. This Chimp was said to have the strength of 10 grown men.

I also believe that the state was wrong for allowing an animal that is best suited for the wild or the zoo to be kept as a domesticated pet.

The woman he mauled has no face and the Chimp tore off and ate both of her hands.

Who do you feel is responsible for this? Do you think that animals such as chimps should be allowed to be domesticated pets?

Woman Says Attacking Chimp Bit Her In '96 - National News Story - WJAC Johnstown

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
Don't chimps have to be taunted and abused before 'tearing off arms and eating them'?

But still, they should be either let out the wild or kept in a zoo.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Who do you feel is responsible for this? Do you think that animals such as chimps should be allowed to be domesticated pets?
We had a similar recent discussion about the blame in case someone gets hurt by someone else's pet. Most of the replies point at the responsibility of the owner. http://www.generalforum.com/other-news-discussions/dog-bites-mauls-54689.html

I don't know enough about chimps to make an opinion whether they should abe allowed to be domesticated pets. Sure, this situation shows that the chimp can be very dangerous but we also get stories about pet dogs biting other people and it's not reason enough to think that dogs cannot be domesticated.

A chimpanzee is still a wild animal even in a home and still has the same natural instincts as before, so if the human does something wrong they're asking to be massacred. Man, Jane Goodall would be mad if she heard this.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
Don't chimps have to be taunted and abused before 'tearing off arms and eating them'?

But still, they should be either let out the wild or kept in a zoo.
No Alex, chimps are very violent.

She shoulda had a bonobo instead...