Woman lies about rape, man spends 4 years behind bars

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Merc, Dec 9, 2009.

1. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

I say she should get life in prison.

Read more: 27-year-old woman, Biurny Peguero Gonzalez confesses to lying about being raped - NYPOST.com

That's just sick. Why was there no DNA testing? Because the guy had a criminal record? Maybe I'm missing something here, but is it legal to lock someone up like this without DNA evidence? Or how about at least a sexual exam of the attacker and victim? How the fuck did this guy end up in prison? He's no angel but this is the type of stuff I hate hearing about. I think this should reflect very poorly on the justice system in New York.

2. EllyDicious

EllyDicious made of AMBIGUITY V.I.P. Lifetime

of course she should be prisoned..
    i think 2 years would be enough for her.

1 year for telling heavy lies.
    1 year for making him spend 4 years there.

3. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

She should get at least as much time as the guy she put in jail got...don't ya think?

If not more!

4. Xeilo

Xeilo Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

I don't know how you pulled that math lol, but yeah as Millz said she should have to at least spend the 4 years herself, but I think more, for all the trouble it would have brought apon him.

5. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

I can only imagine how incompetent his lawyer must have been.
    It makes me sick that any woman would cry rape for any reason if it wasn't true. I agree that she should at the very least spend the same amount of time in jail as he did, but I wouldn't complain if she had to go longer.

6. EllyDicious

EllyDicious made of AMBIGUITY V.I.P. Lifetime

your logic makes sense. that's what i thought at first, but the guy paid for what he supposedly had done.
    while [here in Albania] jailing time for telling lies is just 1 year or paying an amount of fine.
    i thought 1 year wouldn't be enough. thus 2 years it could be enough for both telling a lie and paying for what he's been through.
    because 4 years for telling a lie is exaggerated. while 4 years for (supposedly) raping is fine.

7. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Eli, as always, you seem to make no sense at all.

How is one year equal to four? The guy was on year 4 of a 20 year charge. The woman should get a minimum of 10 for wrecking the guy's life and ruining his reputation. You don't realize, that sort of things follows you forever.

8. micfranklin

micfranklin Eviscerator

Thank God he didn't get the death penalty for this or she'd be in real deep shit now.

9. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

Yep, good thing she cried "rape" and not "murder".:stare:

10. Nevyrmoore

Nevyrmoore AKA Ass-Bandit

Yeeeeah, my exact thoughts. There are worse things than death. Having the social stigma of being called a rapist following you for life is one of them.