Woman fakes cancer to raise money

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
That sickens me. Sadly, I know a few people that think they are this attention starved that they'll do anything for an ounce of it.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
The karma would be her having real cancer and no one helping her out.

I'm not that surprised someone could do this because I've already encountered bogus people, usually from online, making up stories to gain sympathy and donations. They do start normally, they make friends, but I don't know why they feel they have to go that far...

Xeilo

Registered Member
V.I.P.
That's insane, I don't know how someone can just do that, and the parents aren't even surprised it said :S I don't know how she will live with herself.

Oooh_snap

Living on the 0th floor
V.I.P.
There have been cases like this before, so it isn't all that shocking. There was one where a teacher pretended to have cancer and all of her students raised money for her and did all of this stuff only to find out that she didn't.

She seriously went to the extremes and it is sickening. I don't wish that karma come and bite her in the butt, but I think she owes the people supporting her an extreme apology.

Dragon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
That was flat out wrong for her to scam people like that. Hopefully they catch her and make her pay the money to a real cancer charity. The other day on the local news, money was raised for a cancer patient but sadly, the uncle of the patient used the money for his personal use.

RJ-Cool

"Expect the unexpected"
That kind of behavior upsets me to the core! I hate to see people taken advantage of (scam or otherwise). I hope for her sake that her 'fake cancer' does not become a reality.

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
I saw this on CTV News the other day and yeah, it's pretty twisted that she'd go that far to make a quick buck.

And ysabel, I totally agree with you on the karma thing. If she really got cancer, I don't think anyone would give two shits about her. The irony would be so juicy...