• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Woman eats tapeworm to lose weight

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Just ask an Iowa woman, who apparently thought ingesting a live tapeworm was a viable option for losing weight.

Iowa woman ingests tape worm to lose weight | kare11.com
I can't believe anyone would resort to eating a tapeworm to lose weight let alone websites selling them as a way to lose weight. I never heard of this before and wouldn't do it.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Ewww. How desperate do you have to be? I wonder if the anti-worming medication she was put on is the same as what we give our dogs and cats.

Sim

Registered Member
I can't believe anyone would resort to eating a tapeworm to lose weight let alone websites selling them as a way to lose weight. I never heard of this before and wouldn't do it.
Okay, putting medical problems with this approach aside (like the tapeworm damaging your intestines and/or poising you with its feces), how is the weight lost thing supposed to work?

You eat, the worm eats part of it and grows. As long as it's inside you, your belly accordingly grows too. Chances are you'll even eat more, because there is less food left for you due to the worm. What's the gain?

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Okay, putting medical problems with this approach aside (like the tapeworm damaging your intestines and/or poising you with its feces), how is the weight lost thing supposed to work?

You eat, the worm eats part of it and grows. As long as it's inside you, your belly accordingly grows too. Chances are you'll even eat more, because there is less food left for you due to the worm. What's the gain?
There is no gain and this can be dangerous it could even cause death. I had never heard of this before today but apparently there are places in Mexico that you can ingest beef tapeworm cysts as a diet aid. Thankfully this is illegal in most countries.

Tapeworm Diet: Using Beef Tapeworms in Humans

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
What in the world haha

I know I shouldn't laugh, this is seriously messed up. Not exactly a smart move on her part.

Misdoubt

Registered Member
Why would you even... No. Just no stop that is absurd and beyond stupidity. Way to go impossible standards for appearances, yet again you have amazed me with what people are willing to do to try and get to those BS standards.

*Golf claps*

dDave

V.I.P.
Worst weight loss method ever...

Seriously the logic just isn't there. Did anyone ever teach her that parasites can be dangerous and very detrimental to your health?

I hope this idea doesn't catch in. This is the last thing we all need.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
There's actually tape-worm pseud-scientist that use tape worms to treat all sorts of ailments incluging MS. Its called worm therapy and you digest worms and let them do their job. I listened to a podcast recently that claimed some amazing results.

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
Wow.

I never thought that people can be this stupid to even consider doing this, she didn't think this one through.