With the first pick the Lions select?

Discussion in 'NFL' started by Babe_Ruth, Dec 29, 2008.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I think they have to go with Matthew Stafford from Georgia, I think everyone knows the Lions need a franchise quarterback and Stafford could just be that player. He has a cannon of an arm, but he'll probably need a couple of years to develop into a good player in the NFL in my opinion.

Thoughts?

2. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

We're not going to know until after the combine.

If they were smart they'd get a free agent QB or trade for one and start by building the trenches and then the defense first. It's really hard to produce a NFL-ready first round QB.

3. BigBob

BigBob Registered Member

Matt Ryan? Joe Flacco? NFL-ready first round QBs.

I think if they would go with a Quarterback, they'd go with Harrell. I don't think Bradford or Tebow will come out. This year it's all about the Juniors and the (Redshirt) Sophomores in my opinion, and someone like Tebow that is being talked down like he's not going to go the 1st day of the draft might as well just stay. He's not coming into the league as a Runningback. I think it'll be a down draft overall.

4. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

I agree with Steve. A team with so many needs is very unlikely to be turned around by a QB. It's just a risky pick. Gotta build up the o-line before a QB will make a difference. I think maybe they should trade down a few spots and get an extra pick or two.

5. Millz

Millz Black 7! Staff Member V.I.P.

If they do stay at number one I think they'll end up taking Sam Bradford of Oklahoma. It'll definitely not be Tim Tebow since he's not going to be a good pro quarterback.

Andre Smith was recently suspended so his stock is surely going to fall.