• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Wish I Hadn't Seen That :-(

katharina

Registered Member
Oh boy, I really wish I hadn't checked on the price of gold throughout this year. The high was $725 an ounce earlier this year??!! :shake: Oh man... shhhh, don't tell my husband, I was the one who couldn't wait to sell it all. Waiting for that $725 would.... well, we'd be a lot richer right now! Darn!

And now it would be foolish to buy BUT if it ever gets to $400/oz. again, I won't make the same mistakes! Unfortunately, I think something really bad would have to happen for it to go that low again.

Penguin

Registered Member
Oh boy, I really wish I hadn't checked on the price of gold throughout this year. The high was $725 an ounce earlier this year??!! :shake: Oh man... shhhh, don't tell my husband, I was the one who couldn't wait to sell it all. Waiting for that $725 would.... well, we'd be a lot richer right now! Darn!

And now it would be foolish to buy BUT if it ever gets to $400/oz. again, I won't make the same mistakes! Unfortunately, I think something really bad would have to happen for it to go that low again.
We've been watching with interest... we don't have very much gold yet but we have hope - we prospect :D

katharina

Registered Member
We've been watching with interest... we don't have very much gold yet but we have hope - we prospect :D
That sounds like fun! Remember not to sell low, it could be more than double that price in a couple years. Ugh! :-o I know, I know... you never really know what "low" is, or when the peak will be hit, but I'm getting the impression that it will eventually just keep climbing with the cost of living and keep up with everything else that's inflating.

hemisync

Registered Member
I know that a lot of people speculated that gold would be a very good investment this year. I'm just waiting for it to come down a little, which is probably foolish but. lol

mamab

Registered Member
I think Gold is just like any other market. It rises, it falls. You just have to take a shot at making a sale when it's up and hope for the best. We do a little prospecting, too. But, I doubt we even have enough to THINK about selling it. I don't think they take flecks. :lol:

katharina

Registered Member
I know that a lot of people speculated that gold would be a very good investment this year. I'm just waiting for it to come down a little, which is probably foolish but. lol
:( Well, it was only a short time ago (relatively) that we sold and it's a LOT higher now... I really can't see it coming down.

hemisync

Registered Member
I've heard the same destiny_star200, ouch katharina!! I've done that before with stocks though always hurts when you see it go sky high again after selling at a loss :(

katharina

Registered Member
Im sure everything will be ok for you just dont tell the other half lol, And next time do a little research before selling your gold!
Well that's the problem... it was at a time when it really looked as if there'd be a crash. We'd never move that much in assets without researching!