• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Wisdom teeth

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
Brandon, you might want to reconsider being knocked out. I was afraid of getting dry socket so I didn't want to risk throwing up, which sometimes happens after general anesthesia. Just a thought. They gave me a valium which I took an hour before my appointment, they gave me gas, and so much novocaine that I couldn't feel the lower half of my face for 4 hours. Also headphones and my choice of music. It ended up not being a big deal at all.

good luck.

Altanzitarron

Tamer Of The LOLzilla
Haha thats good Angelspeak, reminds me of a documentary I saw about a dentist who was shooting semen in his patients mouths with a syringe. :urp:

My wisdom teeth grow for short periods which are quite painfull but then stop for a while. On the topic of teeth I'm getting a filling tommorow... Joy.

Last edited:

Mare Tranquillity

Elite Intellectual
My youngest was born without wisdom teeth (lucky girl).
As far as getting them pulled, if you don't mind being knocked out, then go for it. As far as I'm concerned, having someone play in my mouth while I'm out is unacceptable. I had all 4 pulled at once and was awake for it all. It sucked, but at least I know what the dentist was up to the whole time.
A wise decision on your part, Angel, there are some pretty nasty folks out there. An optometrist in the town where I used to live convinced a surprising number of women to let him fondle their breasts in order to improve their eyesight. He was caught and prosecuted. It's a strange world.

Iris

rainbow 11!
Holy shit. I think I won't be knocked out then.

Bjarki

Registered Member
I use mine for chewing, so the dentist left them in.. they start to rot easily though.. already had one filled and probably two next time.. more painful than just pulling them out I guess, though the fear-factor isn't as high, no needles and stuff :)

On the bright side though, there's only 4 :D

Vincent_Valentine

Studley-Do-Right
My wisdom teeth have been fully in for around three-ish years now and I don't have any problems. They came in totally straight and I'm hoping they stay that way. The idea of having them pulled makes me sad.

P.S. Yes, I am a pansy when it comes to medical procedures.

Mare Tranquillity

Elite Intellectual
My wisdom teeth have been fully in for around three-ish years now and I don't have any problems. They came in totally straight and I'm hoping they stay that way. The idea of having them pulled makes me sad.

P.S. Yes, I am a pansy when it comes to medical procedures.
Go ahead, rub it in! Dance around going Na, na, nana, na. You are one of the few my friend, revel in your genetic perfection.:)

Iris

rainbow 11!
My God. My bottom right gums right where my wisdom tooth should come in is so freaking sensitive. It hurts pretty badly. :(

Altanzitarron

Tamer Of The LOLzilla
My God. My bottom right gums right where my wisdom tooth should come in is so freaking sensitive. It hurts pretty badly. :(
I cant stand sensitivity in my mouth, the thing with tooth ache is you really CAN'T take your mind of it. It's just constant in your head though I'm not saying it's worse than getting shot or anything. Just got back from the dentist and he decided to fill two teeth, I hate that needle.

soot

Registered Member
Well none of this has made me feel any better :-/

I'm just going to ask to be knocked out. I don't want to see, hear or feel anything.
That's what I did.

Mine were impacted too but I was afraid of the dentist so I kept putting it off and putting it off till I couldn't even eat pudding without my mouth killing me.

Had all 4 of mine out at once.

Got to the dentist's office, gave me a valium, I was flying by the time they took me in to put me under anestisia, I woke up and hour or so later with a swollen mouth and a prescription for some percocet.

I had mine out on a Friday so I wouldn't miss any work and pretty much stayed curled up in bed all weekend high on percocet and eating soup and ice cream.

By Monday I was wondering why the fook I had waited so long to have it done.