Wisdom teeth

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by pro2A, Mar 2, 2008.

1. pro2A

pro2A Hell, It's about time!

Ugh... My bottom 2 wisdom teeth need to come out. They are so impacted, infected and swollen right now that anything that touches them is like fire. The dentist gave me a prescription for a few Percocet until they can get me in to have them removed... I'm in agony :cry:

2. Mare Tranquillity

Mare Tranquillity Elite Intellectual

I can sympathize, I had to have all four of mine chiseled out of the jawbone because they came in growing forward instead of up. Good luck, it's a mess and feel for you.
    Mare

3. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

When do wisdom teeth start to come in?

4. Mare Tranquillity

It varies, but mostly late teens. Some people never even get wisdom teeth--I bet George Bush doesn't have any.:)

Iris likes this.
  5. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

I love you.

But damn, I should be getting them soon, if I get them.

6. Mare Tranquillity

I know it's hard to imagine but there is the odd Republican out them who doesn't feel the same as you.

A simply dental X-ray can tell you if you have them. Good luck with that, if you don't have them I'm sure it's no reflection on your intellectual capabilities. If George had a mouthful of wisdom teeth he'd still be an idiot.

7. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

I'll talk to my mom about it. We don't want to mess my teeth after 3 and still going years in braces...

8. Mare Tranquillity

Well, if you are working with an orthodontist then he will have all the information you need anyway. He's probably taken X-rays of your mouth and knows the condition of your wisdom teeth already--depending on your age, of course. I was in my early twenties when I had to have mine taken out, but other people need to have them out much younger, and some lucky people never develop any at all.

9. pro2A

pro2A Hell, It's about time!

Well none of this has made me feel any better :-/

I'm just going to ask to be knocked out. I don't want to see, hear or feel anything.

10. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

My youngest was born without wisdom teeth (lucky girl).
    As far as getting them pulled, if you don't mind being knocked out, then go for it. As far as I'm concerned, having someone play in my mouth while I'm out is unacceptable. I had all 4 pulled at once and was awake for it all. It sucked, but at least I know what the dentist was up to the whole time.