Wireless Anyone?

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Julie, Mar 7, 2006.

1. Julie

Julie Registered Member

We've got regular wired keyboards on both computers...one's IBM & one's Dell. We've been debating for a long time about getting wireless keyboards. Probably would start with one to see how we like it...but I've heard from a lot of people that they use a lot of batteries & eat the life out of them quickly.

Just wondering if anyone here uses a wireless keyboard? How do you like it? And how often are you replacing batteries in it?

2. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

I was going to get one but ended up just getting a wireless mouse, since I really don't care if my keyboard has a cord. It's not like it ever gets in the way. :)

The mouse goes through 2 AA batteries about every 2 months or so, and it gets a lot of use too. ;) An easy battery solution is to buy a AA charger and some rechargeable AA batteries. When one set runs out of power, just swap it with the ones in the charger and you are good to go again. Will end up saving you a lot of money in the long run too.

3. Mr_Snipes

Mr_Snipes Registered Member

I had a wireless keyboard and mouse for a while. It was nice to be able to get the keyboard closer to me since I did not have anywhere to put the keyboard except for my lap. After I got a desk that had a pullout for the keyboard, I went back to a wired keyboard, because I didn't have to worry about the batteries going dead in the middle of a game.

4. Mirage

I should mention that I also have a pull out keyboard, which is probably part of why I don't mind having a wired keyboard.

5. member357

member357 New Member

I was just actually thinking about getting a wireless keyboard, there is this one I really want,

I really just want to buy it becuase of how the keys are smmoth and low like a laptop keybaord, making it easier to type,

I do have this fear however of working in the middle of the nite like I usually do and the battery's droping dead - no back up battery's and no corded mouse and a deadline on a project or script that can't be missed falling apart.

Maybe I just worry to much - but the sleekline keyboards sure look nice!

Will have to still give it some thought..............:nod:

6. Mirage

Funny you should mention that.. A few nights ago my wireless mouse died on me in the middle of a project I was working on and guess what? My battery recharger was misplaced (due to an out of town trip I went on recently, since I had taken it with). Apparently I didn't put it back when I unpacked, so I ended up going to bed and looking for it in the morning. :(

7. Julie

Julie Registered Member

We've got a wireless mouse on the one computer & like Andrew said, probably goes thru 2 AA batteries about every 2 months. Still need to pick up a wireless mouse for the other computer, cuz I really like those.

Due to the fact that the lil one has 1/2 million battery operated toys, remotes, cameras, & the wireless mouse...we constantly stay stock-piled on batteries here. Heck, last time I went to Radio Shack I ended up buying their 40 pack of AA's for $20.

As for the wireless mouse, I like the idea of being able to lean back, kick my feet up, & have the keyboard in my lap. Hence the reason for debating over a wireless. Does anyone know how many batteries they take & how often you're replacing them?

8. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

I want a fully wireless set, but I'm a wireless kidn of person. The small keyboards are definatly worth it, and you should know I'm also used to a laptop's keyboard. I think they actually sell some with some kind of trackball built in, for the especially lazy people.

9. Albey

Albey Registered Member

Scuba, the guy down the street from my store has a wifi set. The Computer Shop.. its a mouse, keyboard combo for like 25 -30 can't beat that. It is nice, i got to play with it also, prolly gonna buy it tuesday.

10. Julie

Julie Registered Member