• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Wired vs. Wireless Keyboard/Mouse

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I've seen both sides of this debate before. I used a wireless mouse and keyboard for ages but I got tired of having to change the batteries while having to keep a large stock of them around. I recently switched to a wired set from Logitech and I don't think I'll ever go back. They're much more responsive. I have a feeling they'll be more reliable in the long run, also.

Bliss

Sally Twit
I much prefer a laptop and I use the keyboard it comes with. I like to sit with it on my lap a lot of the time. I also like to mouse being connected because it's just easier to find, especially if it's dark. I sit in the dark a lot when I am on the computer.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I started using a wireless mouse a few years ago, and I like it way better than the wired mouse I had before. The wire was always getting caught up on something. I don't really game on my PC though, so I can't comment on responsiveness, but it's perfectly fine for what I use it for. The batteries lasted for like two years before I finally had to change them recently.

I've always used a wired keyboard. I don't move my keyboard around very much, so the wire has never bothered me at all.

dDave

V.I.P.
I like having a wired keyboard, mostly because I never have to change the batteries. I actually have a wireless keyboard that came with my mouse, I used it for a while and got tired of it. I don't need to be walking around with my keyboard and I don't like to put it on my lap.

I do like my wireless mouse and wouldn't trade it for anything at this point (it's fairly simple, but I like simple for stuff like this). I have a corded mouse for my laptop and that works well enough for me.

Overall though.

Keyboard - Wired
Mouse - Wireless

Konshentz

Konshentz
I use a wireless mouse with my laptop. I HATE using the track pad. I don't have the same problem with a wired mouse as I do with a wired controller, but it's still a pain in the ass. I don't like to be tied down! Haha.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I use a wired mouse and keyboard. I use a wireless at my sons house and when the battery goes dead I hate changing it. I don't like to be bothered by that so I will stick to wired.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I've had both a lot but I think I prefer wired since I don't like to change batteries. My current keyboard is wired, and mouse is wireless. That's what I had to get at the time.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
I use a wireless set (keyboard & mouse) from Logitech. (Easy call set)
I've bought rechargeable batteries so that I don't have to keep around a bunch of batteries, Steve.

Keyboard's batteries need to be changed once every 6 months while mouse's batteries need to be changed once every 2-3 months.

I'm not bothered by this frequency. I'd never go back to a wired set.

Xeilo

V.I.P.
I prefer having wired since I don't have to worry about charging or running out of power mid games. Also I find the response time to be a lot better.

Blueyes

Registered Member
Wireless mouse on desktop and laptop as I HATE the trackpad and have it turned off on my laptop. I used a wired keyboard because I use an ergonomic one.