Winter has returned to Westeros

That was a much better episode than The Long Night. But still nowhere near as good as episode 2 or really any of the episodes from season 1-6.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
My hope is that somebody kills Jaime and Arya steals his face and kill Cersei.
That would have been a more epic death for Cersei. I was disappointed with the way they finished her story. And it was so funny when she walked past the brothers to leave them.

Because Arya killed the night king, everyone is just waiting for her to save the day again.

Still enjoying mêmes and jokes about GoT. For example, one had a photo of Brienne with a caption "one Knight stand" haha, or the one with "if daddy lannister were still alive" - he'd be like "Cersei, I want you to marry the Night King" .

I wish Tyrion would not die... I really liked him from the beginning and his last scene with Jamie was touching.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Why, oh why did they let Jaime and Cersci go out in a good way but then butcher Dany's descent into madness? She went from "slightly irritated with everyone around her" to "Charles Manson" in what, two episodes?

The ending of the last episode was spoiled for me. If it's true.. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::eek::rolleyes:

Is it too late to renege on the Star Wars deal for Benioff & Weiss? Haha.

I saw that it was 100% the showrunners choice to do 7 and 6. I had hoped it was HBO. It's easier to be pissed at a big corporation. Why give up and rush the ending of something you were so passionate about? A real bummer. With the extra 7 episodes her Mad Queen turn could've/would've felt earned. They also would've had time to make Jaime's vacation up north and then sudden return to King's Landing less of a mess. What could have been. Sad times.

A least we finally got Clegane Bowl! And I have to say, it didn't disappoint. Haha.

Doc

V.I.P.
Cleganebowl was awesome! As was Jon/Davos on the streets in King's Landing, the Euron/Jaime fight, the shots of Drogon and Dany fucking everything up, the moment Jon kills the soldier getting ready to rape someone, the scene of all of the people huddled up when Arya finds them. Heck, Arya's struggle to survive the rioting in King's Landing was gritty and realistic. I like seeing Cersei go down with the ship in complete denial of what was going on around her.

I actually really, really liked the episode in general. The cinematics were on point for the most part. We all knew Drogon could destroy the whole iron fleet (and should have last episode). We lost years and years of character development for Dany and Jaime. The payoff for Jaime's anti-heroics is that he gets to sleep with Ser Brienne after knighting her, then destroys her emotions to show that he's really still the same person all along and gets a "happy" ending with Cersei? Bullshit. Jaime should have died fighting the dead. It was a fitting end for his redeemed character and not this "warp to Cersei" bullshit.

I know I made some predictions before, and I need to be careful because I think I know who sits on the throne at the end.

I want Sansa on the throne, or what's left of it. She's been through hell and back just like Dany.. but she's not insane. She would rule firmly and fairly, marry, and then birth an heir to the throne. She has had the best character development of anyone, IMO, and is the most worthy person to be ruler. Remember, Jon doesn't want it even if he is 100% the best choice. Gendry is the next closest heir IIRC.

Doc

V.I.P.
This article puts Dany's "turn" in a different light: https://io9.gizmodo.com/that-sudden...E8ymbxUQZnknkiTHGEWMjX_i-HKL8RJ7SPGhX26sJmbh0

We've known that the show presents good guys/baddies in various levels of gray. We are seeing things from Dany's point of view - therefore we get to see the justification for her actions. Everyone glanced over her massacring people with fire when she ran out of options. It was all done under the guise, and probably belief, that their deaths will lead to freedom for everyone.

She fought fire with fire and lost.

My opinion has changed on her "lack" of character development after this article.

Doc

V.I.P.
The finale did a good job of wrapping up the storylines.

Bran manipulated himself to the throne. When you do something right people aren't sure you've done anything at all! I do absolutely love that Tyrion is the "real" power in Westeros. The man running the show.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
This article puts Dany's "turn" in a different light: https://io9.gizmodo.com/that-sudden...E8ymbxUQZnknkiTHGEWMjX_i-HKL8RJ7SPGhX26sJmbh0

We've known that the show presents good guys/baddies in various levels of gray. We are seeing things from Dany's point of view - therefore we get to see the justification for her actions. Everyone glanced over her massacring people with fire when she ran out of options. It was all done under the guise, and probably belief, that their deaths will lead to freedom for everyone.

She fought fire with fire and lost.

My opinion has changed on her "lack" of character development after this article.
I didn't like her from the beginning. She's always been a tyrant and a killer to me. I didn't much difference between her and Cersei.