Winter has returned to Westeros

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Yeah, that's definitely been the biggest negative of the past two seasons. The rushing. This show needed the extra 7 episodes to pull of the epic ending they were hoping for. 13 was just not enough.

I agree that the dragon's death didn't make a ton of sense. But it did come as a pretty big shock! Haha.

I liked this episode more then I did last week's, which is pretty sad, considering that was supposed to be the biggest and best battle of all time. Lot of interesting things set up for the final 2 episodes. Still very excited to see how this all plays out.

Although they've stumbled a handful of times these final few seasons, I still feel very confident that they won't Dexter us. Haha.
It shocked us because we didn't know it'd be a stupid death.

The only thing I like better about this episode aside from seeing more things is that I'm not having a heart attack while watching haha.

And lol at the "they won't Dexter us" .

Powerful

Registered Member
There's a LOT that feels rushed this season, and a lot of characters doing things out of character. The way this show has worked, they should've been laying the seeds for the Mad Queen last year if that's where they're headed. Brienne crying over Jamie when a conversation about him going to King's Landing to perform his duty to the realm and his family to try to stop Cersei would have fit both characters better. Gendry being a school boy with a crush and asking Arya, who has told him multiple times that she's no lady, to marry him and become a lady. That should've been him saying, "You know, we could be together when all this is over." And her saying, "You know we can't. You're a lord, and I'm no lady." "I know. But it was worth trying."

And how the fuck does Dany think it's a good idea to legitimize the bastard of the former king? How did she not just hand him a legitimate claim to her throne? Even if he doesn't see it that way, there would be plenty in Westeros who would.

I'm thinking more and more Sansa ends up on the throne.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Yeah, that's definitely been the biggest negative of the past two seasons. The rushing. This show needed the extra 7 episodes to pull of the epic ending they were hoping for. 13 was just not enough.

I agree that the dragon's death didn't make a ton of sense. But it did come as a pretty big shock! Haha.

I liked this episode more then I did last week's, which is pretty sad, considering that was supposed to be the biggest and best battle of all time. Lot of interesting things set up for the final 2 episodes. Still very excited to see how this all plays out.

Although they've stumbled a handful of times these final few seasons, I still feel very confident that they won't Dexter us. Haha.
I agree, it's far too rushed. But then you get a lot of people complaining about episodes being too slow. I don't get that, that's what builds up climactic moments. I wish this season were at least 10 episodes.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
There's a LOT that feels rushed this season, and a lot of characters doing things out of character. The way this show has worked, they should've been laying the seeds for the Mad Queen last year if that's where they're headed. Brienne crying over Jamie when a conversation about him going to King's Landing to perform his duty to the realm and his family to try to stop Cersei would have fit both characters better. Gendry being a school boy with a crush and asking Arya, who has told him multiple times that she's no lady, to marry him and become a lady. That should've been him saying, "You know, we could be together when all this is over." And her saying, "You know we can't. You're a lord, and I'm no lady." "I know. But it was worth trying."

And how the fuck does Dany think it's a good idea to legitimize the bastard of the former king? How did she not just hand him a legitimate claim to her throne? Even if he doesn't see it that way, there would be plenty in Westeros who would.

I'm thinking more and more Sansa ends up on the throne.
I'm thinking the same thing.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I agree with everyone that the dragon's death was stupid. Everyone keeps forgetting about Euron having a huge fleet and doing whatever the hell he feels like? Why the hell can't the dragon(s) fly around the ship and fuck it up?

Because the CGI for it was too expensive?

I love Jon. I don't love that he has no connection with Ghost in this show. Ghost is just his dog.. not his partner and most trusted ally like Sam or his kin Aemon. Shitty move, writers. Shitty move.

And lol at the "they won't Dexter us" .
That one hurt but let's not forget that Dexter sucked hard after Trinity.

I liked this one. Gendry is a good man and the only known eldest survivor of the Baratheon line. He's more blood than Joff & the Deadlings. Robert was a known philanderer and keeping a house legitimate (and loyal!!!) in the wake of losses of at least half a dozen major houses and a dozen minor ones.

The direwolf outrage on Twitter was hilarious. I mean, I get it.... but come on. I suppose if the people are complaining because it shits on the book version of Jon & Ghost, cool... but just to be "how do he not pet best boy?" for 5 days straight was a little much. Haha.

Euron is a garbage character.

I am going to finally (try to) read the books after. I just hope Martin can finish the series before dies. What the hell is taking him so long?

I listen to Binge Mode and you know things are getting rough when two of the biggest ASoIaF & GOT fans are starting to pick it apart and get worried.

That one hurt but let's not forget that Dexter sucked hard after Trinity.
I was going to try to defend seasons 5-7, but had to Google them first. Yeah, never mind. That show fell off a cliff. Haha. Such a shame. Seasons 1, 2 & 4 (especially 4) were excellent. It's a damn shame what they did to season 8. A DAMN SHAME!!!