Winter Fitness

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Xeilo, Dec 23, 2008.

1. Xeilo

Xeilo Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

Do you change how much you exercise and what exercises you do in the winter because of the cold and snow etc? If so what are the changes.

2. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

I use a gym so my exercises don't change, but the amount I go significantly reduces. I don't really have the time. :shake: Come January I will be back on form!

3. BigBob

BigBob Registered Member

When Winter time comes around, I usually end up some-what hibernating and don't really leave the house. As of lately I can't though because my shoulder hasn't healed completely yet from when I partially tore my rotators cuff.

4. Vidic15

Vidic15 No Custom Title Exists V.I.P. Lifetime

I am the laziest bugger in winter, I as hell ain't going Gym in Winter. I do some of the excercises at home and that's it.

5. snowflake

snowflake Registered Member

I've changed how much excercise i've done. Think i've only been swimming twice this winter, I would normally go 3/4 times per week.

6. Cait

Cait Oh, poppycock.

I've tried to snowboard. Other than that I use the treadmill we have at our house.

7. Italiano

Italiano Film Elitist

I usually go for a run outside. I don't wear heavy clothing cause the cold allows me to run longer. If I feel frisky I'll just wear a T-shirt. Works for me.

8. AeonFlux

AeonFlux I am the edge!

The amount of time I spend working out in winter doesn't change, but the types of workouts I get in are quite different. In the summer it's all about being outside, playing games, and having fun. I get most of my summer exercise in by doing things like running around and playing football or battling it out in water balloon fights. In winter I have to stay inside to workout, so I do more traditional things, like pilates, cardio kickboxing, etc.

9. Nightsurfer

Nightsurfer ~Lucky 13 strikes again~

In the winter I switch up from surfing to Mt Boarding and hit the Do Jo more than once a week. I also go to the local Y and do laps.

10. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

In the winter I hardly ever workout outside because it's always so cold here. :(

However wrestling in the winter keeps you in even better shape than usual.

There are also tons of things for me to do at home with a weight bench, dumbells, a treadmill, a total gym, a tower, and the perfect pushup.