• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Winnipeg Jets agree to extension with Paul Maurice

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
The Winnipeg Jets are proud to announce they have agreed to terms on a four-year contract extension with Paul Maurice as Head Coach of the hockey club.
Source: jets twitter feed

Sabby

I like the move and I'm a big fan of Maurice. That being said, this off season is crucial for the Jets. The novelty of a new team is starting to wear off and these guys need to provide a winning product to their fans ASAP.

BJBirdy

Registered Member
I'm a fan of Maurice as well, and I was disappointed when the Leafs fired him after the 2007/08 season. My only issue with Maurice was the way he handled the goalies (i.e., playing Aubin so he didn't get rusty while Raycroft was in the midst of a hot streak or playing Toskala the night after Raycroft got a shutout).

Anyhow, to stay on-topic, this is a good move for the Jets.

I got no problems with that move. I think Maurice is a pretty fine coach. Now, the Jets must make some moves in the offseason to give something to cheer about for the fans.