Winning

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kibi, Sep 30, 2010.

1. Kibi

Kibi Babeasaurus Sex

So,

I always enter competitions with very little belief that they're genuine and stuff.

I'll be honest I've always been doubtful that real people win stuff (either that or just been a bit miffed it was never me)

However I also believe in karma and that life always brings about what you need at the right time.

I recently entered a competition with o2 on their facebook site where you had to write what you would say if you could ping yourself ten years ago...

my answer

"I can't say what happens but always remember: Dinosaurs are AWESOME!!! also clean your damn room!!"

To be truthful yeah it made me giggle but I truly didn't think it would win!!!

It did though and now I'm getting a brand new Blackberry Pearl :) Massive happy face!

My winners letter!

So I guess my questions are:

a) do you enter competitions or not bother cos you don't believe you'll win

b) have you ever won anything?

:D

xxxx

2. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Make sure this isn't a scam first, they might just want to get your personal information.

To answer the OP, I've entered some competitions, but it's mostly involving fantasy sports. I try to win a car, or some other type of prizes. I've been close a few times, but never actually won anything.

3. English-Emo-Boy

English-Emo-Boy Supreme System Lord V.I.P. Lifetime

Wow, good going, is it definitely legit!?!

I never enter those competitions, normally I can't be bothered but also most of them are scams etc.

Therefore I've never won a competition by default.

4. Kibi

Kibi Babeasaurus Sex

It's legit I just got my blackberry delivered at work.

Can NOT wait to play!

5. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

oh man I'd be way too skeptical if I actually won something like that. haha

The only thing I've ever "won" is a cell phone charm from a beverage company I like. I forget how exactly, but involved sending in some coupons or something I collected from the bottles.

6. Kibi

Kibi Babeasaurus Sex

No I was totally doubting it until it arrived!

I'm quite lucky I guess I win quite a lot of stuff!

idisrsly likes this.
  7. EllyDicious

EllyDicious made of AMBIGUITY V.I.P. Lifetime

I never enter these competitions for 2 reasons:

1- I don't believe in my abilities.
    2- I don't believe in their truthfulness, thinking they are fake.

8. idisrsly

idisrsly I'm serious V.I.P. Lifetime

Until I see you added on BBM I don't believe you.

Also, I generally don't bother entering competitions because of the unlikeliness of ever winning anything. That said, when BP had their "Win a VW Eos" competition, I must have entered over a hundred entries.

I've won a TV at our Varsity Spring Day. It was a really small cheap ass TV. It was funny coz I didn't hear the announcement. I was drunk somewhere I think. So everyone I passed was saying congrats... I was like WTF?

Congrats Kibster. Now join the DA. You know you want to! ;)

Kibi likes this.
  9. Hyperdunk

Hyperdunk New Member

Entered lots of sports competitions, it's called "betting". :p

Nah, I kid, I do enter sports competitions though, mainly Basketball, and I near to always come out on top. ^_^

10. Saffy

Saffy Registered Member

I won a mountain bike once form a £1 raffle ticket! got the news on my birthday too so it was a great surprise:) I do enter the comps i see on telly,, easy answers A B or C,, but i enter online where its free instead of ringing in;)