• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Winning strategies for popular games

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I came across this article earlier and figured I would share it.

From Risk to tic-tac-toe, popular games involve tons of strategic decisions, probability and math. So one happy consequence of being a data nerd is that you may have an advantage at something even non-data nerds understand: winning.

So how do you win (almost) every game in existence, do you ask? Here are 20 data visualizations that offer lots of insight into the most popular games in America, including chess, Connect Four, Monopoly, Pac-Man, "Wheel of Fortune" and much more.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...-game-according-to-data-scientists/?tid=sm_tw

I love game theory, so I find these mathematical breakdowns of various games to be fascinating. It goes to show that most games come down to understanding numbers and probability, and if you know how to put the odds in your favor, you can be good at just about any game.

Konshentz

Konshentz
That's pretty cool. Thanks for sharing. I was immediately drawn to the Monopoly section. Not sure how I never made the post-jail property connection. Makes sense those would be the best. And a 21 second Monopoly game? That'd be great, mine usually go 2+ hours. Haha.

I'll have to give the Texas Hold'em section a quick look later.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
This is really damn interesting

I've read a couple of these and they are pretty cool