Winning or Losing Team?

Which do you prefer when you play team based games?

• Total voters

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
Which team do you prefer to play on when you play multiplayer videogames?

I like being on the losing team. Granted, I don't like being on the team that NEVER wins ever, but I find it more fun to have the odds against my team.

This question is not "Do you like winning or losing?"

Personally I like to play on the team that is stacked against and winning anyway. I don't like playing on the team that's just dominating. I'll usually switch teams if I notice I'm not ever being killed or that my team keeps winning too easily.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Like you said in the Halo thread, it's best if it's pretty even with each team winning about half the time. I think it's the most fun when the games come down to the wire with clutch plays at the end deciding the winner. But if I have to pick winning or losing I'd rather be on the team that wins more often than not. Winning is more fun than losing and it usually means I'm doing something right.

BigBob

Registered Member
I like to be on the team that every game comes down to the wire. The last second kill, the last second goal.. whether it be win or lose, I love being on THAT team.

dDave

Guardian of the Light
V.I.P.
During wrestling season we were expected to get crushed by all of these state champions and placers, and whatnot. But my coach made us step it up, by the end of wrestling season we were the league champions and most schools knew that we were the ones they didn't want to wrestle.

We had the odds against us the entire season, but all it took was a bit of effort.

I definitely find it to be more fun to be on the team with the odds against them, because that gives you the chance to step it up and become something greater which is something to be proud of.

BigBob

Registered Member
During wrestling season we were expected to get crushed by all of these state champions and placers, and whatnot. But my coach made us step it up, by the end of wrestling season we were the league champions and most schools knew that we were the ones they didn't want to wrestle.

We had the odds against us the entire season, but all it took was a bit of effort.

I definitely find it to be more fun to be on the team with the odds against them, because that gives you the chance to step it up and become something greater which is something to be proud of.
This was for video games bro ;)

Chaos

Epic Gamer
V.I.P.
Obviously it's nice to win, but I'd rather have an epic battle where the odds are against you. That way if you do pull through and manage a win, it's all that more sweet.

Like, one time on GoW2, me and my team mate (on Wingman - five teams of two) were put against all gold rankers. We're both two-bar rankers. We came second; the winning team beat us by one point. That kind of loss is like, "Oh MAN, that was so close! We were fucking awesome! We totally kick ass!"

It's a sort of morale boost. :)

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
When I play Soldier Of Fortune Team Deathmatch, I always join the Blue team, despite it winning or losing.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I think it feels better to win when the odds are stacked against your team and yet you manage to win. With the other case, it's almost a natural expectation making the win less thrilling compared to the other win (and the loss is more bitter to swallow).

haha, that's a really good question.

it really depends on the situation.
if the losing team really has no chance, i will join the other team (just cuz i'm not skilled enough to hold them up - why play if i'm just going to get killed at the beginning of every round?)

otherwise, i like to join the losing team. :)