Winners of the All Star game....

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
With the American League winning their 13 straight all star game, it gave the eventual American League Champions home field advantage during the World Series. I was curious what you thought of the rule? Should the league that wins the all star game have home field advantage? Or it should be awarded to the team that has the best record between the two? Thoughts?

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
I like the rule the way it is because it encourages the All Star game to be competitive and for each respective league to team up.

Best record is an okay way to determine advantage, but it's not very solid.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I don't really like the rule. 90% of the players in the All-Star game won't even be in the World Series, so why should they get to help determine home field advantage? It gives them a little more to play for, but the MLB All-Star game has always been really competitive anyway.

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
I don't know, I've never seen it as very competitive. In a day and age where a lot of players are their own teams, it's nice to spark some competition and encourage a communal atmosphere for ballplayers. I guess I just never noticed it but to me, the All-Star game only got competitive after the rule was instated.

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
I agree it makes the game much more competitive but I think the best record should get it. This is ONE game...the season 162 games. Lets make the regular season mean even more.